Non City Related Rumours/Gossip.....(cont)

You'll find that Chelsea will be doing a lot of business with young Brazillians in the near future.

They've recently set up a scouting network over there as they see it being where the future is in regards youth development.

It's also seen as value for money when put up against European talent.

charliebigspuds said:
I was talking to a rag last night, a decent one that goes, and we both agree that RVP will win Utd the league if he stays fit. I didn't want to admit it but I had to agree, he's a world class striker and IMO we only have one world class striker and he's been injured and he's out of form.

What are you trying to say? A rag admitting to "buying the league title"!

I don't believe you. You ask any rag, they have NEVER bought the league.

FantasyIreland said:
jlc09 said:
Do you guys regret not getting Van Persie now??

You make that sound like we had the option.

I don't believe RVP coming to us was ever on the cards while we continued to employ our current 4 strikers,it neither made sense for FFP,our team harmony,or the player himself.

Had we offloaded one or more then i'm sure he'd have been playing in Blue and we'd be sitting pretty at the top with a very healthy goal difference - he is simply awesome.

The only way RVP was coming to City was if Dzeko went the other way.

This is the sort of thing if Txiki would've been in post it would've gone through, he makes things happen.

Expecting a humdinger in the summer..............

Kris_Musampa said:
charliebigspuds said:
I was talking to a rag last night, a decent one that goes, and we both agree that RVP will win Utd the league if he stays fit. I didn't want to admit it but I had to agree, he's a world class striker and IMO we only have one world class striker and he's been injured and he's out of form.

What are you trying to say? A rag admitting to "buying the league title"!

I don't believe you. You ask any rag, they have NEVER bought the league.

no he actually admitted it through gritted teeth

charliebigspuds said:
Say you're saying our problem is that we don't have enough strikers?

Oh my....

ElKun said:
charliebigspuds said:
Say you're saying our problem is that we don't have enough strikers?

Oh my....

I think he's saying that while we have loads of strikers we don't have one like Van Persie who is frighteningly clinical. Which is probably true, the amount of chances we miss is infuriating when you see players like Van Persie and Falcao often scoring 1 or 2 goals from 2 or 3 chances.

Considering Mancini wanted him so badly, maybe our coach saw it like this too.

LoveCity said:
I think he's saying that while we have loads of strikers we don't have one like Van Persie who is frighteningly clinical. Which is probably true, the amount of chances we miss is infuriating when you see players like Van Persie and Falcao often scoring 1 or 2 goals from 2 or 3 chances.

How many teams in the League, or indeed the entire world, have a first, second, third, and fourth string striker at their disposal? All of whom are either world class or just bordering on it, and scored double digits last year alone (apart from Tevez of course, who would have anyway had he been 'around'). Kun got 30 goals last season, Edin almost 20, etc. Our real problems lie elsewhere, not up front.

ElKun said:
LoveCity said:

How many teams in the League, or indeed the entire world, have a first, second, third, and fourth string striker at their disposal? All of whom are either world class or just bordering on it, and scored double digits last year alone (apart from Tevez of course, who would have anyway had he been 'around'). Kun got 30 goals last season, Edin almost 20, etc. Our real problems lie elsewhere, not up front.
Balotelli and Dzeko bordering world class? rubbish

Danamy said:
Sturridge and Ince to Liverpool, both deals are now done

Two very good signings for Liverpool, improving their first team no end, let alone their squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.