Non-League Football Thread

In years gone past the BBC Football website have given a decent it of coverage to Non-League Day, but yesterday there was nothing. Later on in the day there was a match report on Wrexham but that was it.

I don't seem to hide the fact anymore that they're not interested in anything below PL or WSL stories.
I bet we'll start seeing a lot more coverage of Wrexham, especially if they get promoted.

Went to 'Stalybridge Celtic v Ashton Utd on Non league Day. This is in Northern Premier League.
Bridge are struggling to stay and needed the points.
They go 1-0 up early on but are very much on the back foot.
THEN Ashton equalise. Pure theatre as centre back (really good player actually) then has a go at the keeper (6ft 5"+) who never moved off his line.
Turns into a bit of scrap before defender apparently headbutts keeper!!!!!!!!
Oh and defender is already on a yellow!

Result defender sees red and 'Bridge lose 4-1.
Best bit; some fans were having a go at the ref!!!

Went to 'Stalybridge Celtic v Ashton Utd on Non league Day. This is in Northern Premier League.
Bridge are struggling to stay and needed the points.
They go 1-0 up early on but are very much on the back foot.
THEN Ashton equalise. Pure theatre as centre back (really good player actually) then has a go at the keeper (6ft 5"+) who never moved off his line.
Turns into a bit of scrap before defender apparently headbutts keeper!!!!!!!!
Oh and defender is already on a yellow!

Result defender sees red and 'Bridge lose 4-1.
Best bit; some fans were having a go at the ref!!!
Yeah a work colleague was at that, wasn’t it the keeper’s debut on loan from somewhere, Macclesfield maybe?
The colleague said Stalybridge had done weeks of promotion and got loads of local schoolkids down there for their first game, said ‘it was terrible they had to witness such a thing’
My reply was that the kids probably absolutely loved seeing a bit of aggro! Certainly will be one they’ll remember

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.