Non League Thread

Went to Darlos 2 -0 loss at Salford on Saturday....a bit of trouble but been blown out of all proportion by Salford imo.
Think there were a lot from Darlington who don't go to games away there on Saturday.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2938054/Football-Association-investigate-incident-Salford-City-vs-Darlington-match-Quakers-fans-allegedly-spit-officials.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... cials.html</a>

Baidon Blue

Read today that Bradford PA's postponed game meant that they haven't played a home fixture since mid-November.

That's insane!!

Apart from playing catch up and the added pressure of "must win" games, it surely can't help the finances of the club!!

Yeah it's been a long time since Park Avenue had a home match .
It won't effect Park Avenue money wise .
Because they only get crowds of near 300 .plus Park Avenue have a new owner with some money .
Biggest thing effecting Avenue at this moment is Bradford City .
Bradford City are doing really well .
So that means nobodies bothered about Avenue .
Hoping one day Avenue will play league football again .
It feel like really distant dream that happening .

allan harper said:
Lancaster have got off to a great start, bringing former Man City player Trevor Sinclair as assistant coach is working well at the moment. 2-0 down the other night at half time, come back to win 3-2. Peacock pulled a master stroke bringing his former team mate to the club. Trevor has singed on as a player too but will only play if he's really needed.

Its my Birthday on March 11th so im sponsoring the match ball for the Darlington v Lancaster game.....MCFC Darlo is the name im using in the programme etc.

The Wife thinks im mad dragging her up there but I cant wait.

Tbilisi said:
allan harper said:
Lancaster have got off to a great start, bringing former Man City player Trevor Sinclair as assistant coach is working well at the moment. 2-0 down the other night at half time, come back to win 3-2. Peacock pulled a master stroke bringing his former team mate to the club. Trevor has singed on as a player too but will only play if he's really needed.

Its my Birthday on March 11th so im sponsoring the match ball for the Darlington v Lancaster game.....MCFC Darlo is the name im using in the programme etc.

Today, me and my wife went to Oxford to watch Lowestoft Town vs Oxford City.

Now, on Valentines Day, if I said me and my wife went on a trip to Oxford, it sounds a little romantic.

The fact it was to watch a match.....there's no romance there, yet I was giddy this week at the prospect of the trip!!

What I'm getting at is our wives will never get the non-league buzz......but it is a buzz!!

And credit to you for sponsoring the match ball - as I've learned, at this level, every penny counts!!

ctidcarl said:
Tbilisi said:
allan harper said:

Now, on Valentines Day, if I said me and my wife went on a trip to Oxford, it sounds a little romantic.

The fact it was to watch a match.....there's no romance there, yet I was giddy this week at the prospect of the trip!!

What I'm getting at is our wives will never get the non-league buzz......but it is a buzz!!

And credit to you for sponsoring the match ball - as I've learned, at this level, every penny counts!!

And credit to you for taking the wife to a match on Valentines Day.....even I dont have bollocks that big!

I like you.

Tbilisi said:
ctidcarl said:
Tbilisi said:

And credit to you for taking the wife to a match on Valentines Day.....even I dont have bollocks that big!

I like you.

I think she only comes along to keep an eye on me - this non league stuff is much more intimate!!

But, it's another person, it boosts the coffers of clubs, so it's all good.

I'll be honest here, I never thought I would get gripped by non-league football in the way that I have - travelling the length and breadth of the country to watch Lowestoft Town!!

But I love it and have become quite passionate about it.

Trying to scrape enough pennies together to go to Bradford Park Avenue next weekend, but can't see it happening.

Plus, who knows, if Lowestoft stay in the Conference North and Darlington get promoted this year (please finish above Salford!!) then one more promotion after that and we'll both be in the Conference North!!

What you having to drink??!!

I went to Chorley v Gloucester City on Saturday. Chorley have been going well so far this season, but they were terrible at the weekend. Ended up losing 2-1 with a daft own goal sealing the win for Gloucester.

Supposedly Chorley have been playing some decent stuff of late, but resorted to hopeless long balls on Saturday. They still created a few openings but poor finishing let them down. However, James Dean up front looks a decent player at that level and could probably step up to Conference level without a problem.

I love going to games like that and other local non league grounds, mainly to sample different pies!

ctidcarl said:
Tbilisi said:
ctidcarl said:

I like you.

I think she only comes along to keep an eye on me - this non league stuff is much more intimate!!

But, it's another person, it boosts the coffers of clubs, so it's all good.

I'll be honest here, I never thought I would get gripped by non-league football in the way that I have - travelling the length and breadth of the country to watch Lowestoft Town!!

But I love it and have become quite passionate about it.

Trying to scrape enough pennies together to go to Bradford Park Avenue next weekend, but can't see it happening.

Plus, who knows, if Lowestoft stay in the Conference North and Darlington get promoted this year (please finish above Salford!!) then one more promotion after that and we'll both be in the Conference North!!

What you having to drink??!!

Ok,we can bring the Wifes along as a nice reward for their loyalty......providing they havent both left us by then.

Park Avenue lost 5-0 to Boston on Saturday .
Avenue first game in a month .
The fight back starts on Wednesday against Stockport at Horsfall stadium .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.