Non League Thread

ctidcarl said:
baildon blue said:
Bradford Park Avenue lost to Lowerstoft yesterday 3-2 . Lost 4 in a row now Avenue . Plummeting down Conference North . Big game tommorow Oxford City .

I went to that match - it was a belter!!

Lowestoft went one up, Bradford went 2-1 up just after half time only to concede 2 quick goals and lose 3-2.

Bradford had a decent amount of fans there too, bearing in mind the geographical location of Lowestoft....the most eastern point of the UK!!

I've recently started watching Lowestoft on a regular basis and its a good crack.

As I said, rather than be in the Conference South, Lowestoft are in the Conference North and about a month ago got beat by Stockport at Edgley Park and two weeks ago were on the receiving end of Hyde's first win in 529 days!!

Went to watch Lowestoft today in the FA Cup away at Coalville in Leicestershire......an interesting place to say the least!!

But, I've really got the bug for non League football - City always have been and always will be my first love, but the non-league scene is really enjoyable
Only time I have been to Lowestoft was on holiday .
I find it a bit weird Park Avenue having to play the likes of Oxford City , Brackley , Worcester , Gloucester ,
Like the other night Oxford City and next to no fans at Bradford Park Avenue .
This is where the non leagues need more local derbies .

ctidcarl said:
baildon blue said:
Bradford Park Avenue lost to Lowerstoft yesterday 3-2 . Lost 4 in a row now Avenue . Plummeting down Conference North . Big game tommorow Oxford City .

Lowestoft went one up, Bradford went 2-1 up just after half time only to concede 2 quick goals and lose 3-2.

Bradford had a decent amount of fans there too, bearing in mind the geographical location of Lowestoft....the most eastern point of the UK!!

I've recently started watching Lowestoft on a regular basis and its a good crack.

As I said, rather than be in the Conference South, Lowestoft are in the Conference North and about a month ago got beat by Stockport at Edgley Park and two weeks ago were on the receiving end of Hyde's first win in 529 days!!

Went to watch Lowestoft today in the FA Cup away at Coalville in Leicestershire......an interesting place to say the least!!

But, I've really got the bug for non League football - City always have been and always will be my first love, but the non-league scene is really enjoyable

I think the same way....I really look forward to Darlington games and so does my lad.

I think for someone like me who can remember football when everyone stood up & you could drink a reasonably priced pint in view of the pitch its brilliant.

Will always love City but the modern game is so money driven now and most clubs dont give a flying fcuk about fans. Its refreshing to be welcomed and not ripped off.

Tbilisi said:
ctidcarl said:
baildon blue said:

I think the same way....I really look forward to Darlington games and so does my lad.

I think for someone like me who can remember football when everyone stood up & you could drink a reasonably priced pint in view of the pitch its brilliant.

Will always love City but the modern game is so money driven now and most clubs dont give a flying fcuk about fans. Its refreshing to be welcomed and not ripped off.

I'm the same as you, love city more than most things, followed them up and down the country since I was 11 year old, I'm just shy of 40 now. I'm already missing loads of aways this season as they're just too expensive, won't be long now till I call it a day, that's when I'll go and watch Lancaster more often.

allan harper said:
Tbilisi said:
ctidcarl said:

I'm the same as you, love city more than most things, followed them up and down the country since I was 11 year old, I'm just shy of 40 now. I'm already missing loads of aways this season as they're just too expensive, won't be long now till I call it a day, that's when I'll go and watch Lancaster more often.

I have already started without really knowing it.Had my season ticket 35 years and did all the aways but the pricing is just plain crazy now.I am dropping down the points scale now to people who have come back and built up their points.I cant afford it with 3 kids who want to go as well.

Had some great days out,meeting my brother and a few others for Darlingtons game at Prescott on Oct 11th,will be messy!

After beating United on Saturday Lancaster have been drawn away to Kings Lynn in the cup, what are kings Lynn doing in the northern league it's miles away!!

Lancaster winning goal against the red scum fc

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/bHJ03tlzWYo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/bHJ03tlzWYo</a>

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
allan harper said:
After beating United on Saturday Lancaster have been drawn away to Kings Lynn in the cup, what are kings Lynn doing in the northern league it's miles away!!

Same as Oxford City and Histon. They are geographically more northern than the rest of the Bananrama Conference South teams.

Its mad...Sheffield FC in Southern as well I think.

Wouldnt mind but they are the oldest football club in the world so they could at least know where Sheffield is at the FA!

Tbilisi said:
ctidcarl said:
baildon blue said:

Thats what has almost swung me (being honest)

On Saturday, I drove from Norwich and back to watch Lowestoft in the cup......now, diesel, match ticket, programme, pie and a drink cost £50.00.

The same price Hull charged City for just a ticket.

Being an exiled Blue, I've only ever been a Blue Member. In the last 4/5 seasons, membership has risen from £10.00 to £30.00 - not an extortionate rise, but still a considerable increase and the thing of it is, my 30 quid doesn't mean fook all to City (or other premiership clubs) where the players are all multi millionaires.

This isn't a dig at City - I'd never slate the club - but a dig at modern football at the top level, in this country.

At non-league level, every penny counts and you do feel part of a community rather than just a customer. I've had emails from the chairman of Lowestoft, who took the time to speak with me on a matchday and introduce me to various people around the club.

I'm almost at the point where I wrestle with my conscience - I love City with all my heart, they have shaped my life, they have determined some of my friends, they have given me the best (and worst) days of my life........

.....yet, this non league malarky......... it's really quite exciting!!

This must be my mid-life crisis (I'm 44) and this is my affair - I'm cheating on my true love...City!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.