non-obvious City players you DID like

Never understood why everybody thought Sibierski was so shit.

He was strong in the air, had a decent touch and scored enough goals. He was far from our worst player at the time, but he got nothing but vitriol from the people sat around me.

I always loved the way Tony Coleman played. He'd be flying down the wing, get tackled and do a somersault and come right side up. It always amazed me that he never got hurt.

Demarcus Beasley, thought he was better than any of the shit we had at the time and will always remember that goal in the rain at West Ham. I also remember him playing well at Arsenal and Fulham. Was totally mystified when we got rid.

Gotta give Mettomo, Sommeil and Niclas Jensen honerable mentions.

Immel, tiatto, Stefen Karl (what a shot on him!), murtaz, tskhadadze, kavelashvili (when he knocked old red nose from Trafford out with a shot), groenendijk, ingebrigsten, beagrie - all good players IMHO

Tevez when he fucked off for a bit.

I could never hate him like some people did, he's one of the best players I've seen plus he captained us to our first trophy in 35 years. Plus I thought Mancini handled the Munich situation badly, he shouldn't issue ultimatums like that.

Don't know if non-obvious or not, but Peter Barnes for me. Lit up Maine Road for a few years and took Bertie Vogts apart against West Germany with his 'pull back' trick.

Otherwise, Gary Owen and Willie Donachie

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.