non-obvious City players you DID like

Paul Bosvelt. He was shit in his debut season, but i thought he was excellent in the one after.

Tricky_Trev said:
Paul Bosvelt. He was shit in his debut season, but i thought he was excellent in the one after.

I think it took him time to get used to the pace of the Premiership. Dutch Football is slower and they get more time on the ball.

Michael tarnat - always thought he looked a cut above the rest at the time

Peter beagrie - remember reading an article in shoot with him telling the reader how he always crossed early and tips how to play. Made me want to be him every time we played gooner and knockout wembly ever since

Niall quinn - disco pants

I'm glad to see Reyna get some love on this thread. During the 2004-05 season, as the Premier League matches became more accessible on TV in America, my cousin and I began to watch every weekend. We each gravitated towards the team that had our favorite USMNT player at the time, Reyna and City for me, McBride and Fulham for him.

As City made their ill-fated charge towards a UEFA Cup spot that spring, I became hooked, despite getting a small taste of unpredictable nature of the club with the last kick of the season.

I wonder, if Reyna had been on a different team at the time, would I have become as attached to that team as I have to City...or was it City itself that drew me in...

BS said:
I was disappointed when Dickson Etuhu moved on.Thought he looked like he could have been the backbone of the midfield for a lot longer.

Yeah not a bad player but he went to play for a 'bigger' club (his words) in Preston...

Also, not sure how Dunne counts as non-obvious...Remember Crystal Palace away in the league cup when it had been announced he had gone and he got numerous renditions of 'hes here...etc'. Great servant to the club!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.