North Stand Construction Discussion

Well I am glad. Having kinda cried wolf once or twice and sent poor CPoverview hovering over random bits of compound glad if it turns out to be it. It'll take a few.l days to assemble it all, I'm sure. Assuming they have the materials on site.

If CP Overview doesn't film it first I'll nip down and take some pictures of the mock-up cladding when its installed. I'll video it on my mobile it as well and upload the video with the pictures.

Last edited:
I got a little closer with my mobile phone zoom.

PXL-20240707-135655470-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240707-135922024-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240707-135216864-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240707-135624423-MP-2.jpg

Apologies about the quality. It's a zoom in and screen grab from the above picture.

You can clearly see where the steel mast has been cut.

Screenshot-20240707-164753-3.png

Screen grabbed from one of the pictures.

Is that the 2nd cut white line around the steel mast?

The yellow support starts are above the line.

arrow.jpg

Looks like they’re cutting it and pulling it out in sections.

Probably be able to take the bottom part out from lower down.

That tie they’ve added to it is probably to stop it moving too much when they make the cut.

Last edited:
I'm going to break the pictures down over 5 posts so they aren't all lumped together in 1 post.

1. Etihad stadium from the bridge & Joe Mercer Way.
2. Mock-up frame and left side of the construction site.
3. Centre of the construction site.
4. Right side of the construction site.
5. North stand steel frame.(close up)
Can somebody please explain to me in layman's terms, what the fuck is a 'mock-up frame/cladding' as I've been following this thread and seen the term mentioned on numerous occasions, cheers.

Great pics @jrb by the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.