North Stand Construction Discussion

Did I miss the survey? Were all fans in our darkest hours poor? Are they still poor? Surely by now they all want a padded seat to put our aging arses on?

I’m probably a little bit late with this but weren’t they supposed to be having a vote on what they call the new ground? Don’t remember that materialising.

Did I miss the survey? Were all fans in our darkest hours poor? Are they still poor? Surely by now they all want a padded seat to put our aging arses on?
I’m not poor anymore and quite like a padded seat , just wish I could find a nice prawn sandwich :).
Seriously though I don’t want to stand up and sing anymore but as long as their is room for those that do, and a decent seat padded or not for me I’m happy.

I’m probably a little bit late with this but weren’t they supposed to be having a vote on what they call the new ground? Don’t remember that materialising.
Don’t remember that, maybe before the takeover but since then it’s always been open to sponsors naming.
Though I thought the Etihad contract was up by now and we were exploring new sponsors at least for some parts of the deal eg shirts, that seems to have gone quiet.

Don’t remember that, maybe before the takeover but since then it’s always been open to sponsors naming.
Though I thought the Etihad contract was up by now and we were exploring new sponsors at least for some parts of the deal eg shirts, that seems to have gone quiet.
Seems like both parties are happy with a rolling yearly deal at the moment, they'll rethink no doubt once (if?) the world settles down.

Yeah, I’m talking about in the dying days of Maine Road. I’m sure they said there was going to be a vote for the name. I was going to vote for New Maine Road, if it was an option. But then next minute it was announced it was going to be The City of Manchester Stadium. But every fucker decided to call it Eastlands for some reason.

Yeah, I’m talking about in the dying days of Maine Road. I’m sure they said there was going to be a vote for the name. I was going to vote for New Maine Road, if it was an option. But then next minute it was announced it was going to be The City of Manchester Stadium. But every fucker decided to call it Eastlands for some reason.
I'm pretty sure when people said going to Eastlands it wasn't meant as the stadium name they meant, I always thought Eastlands was the area where the stadium is.
Could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time.

I'm pretty sure when people said going to Eastlands it wasn't meant as the stadium name they meant, I always thought Eastlands was the area where the stadium is.
Could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time.

Names[edit]​

Panorama of north end of stadium as viewed from southern approach along Joe Mercer Way
The stadium was named the City of Manchester Stadium by Manchester City Council before construction began in December 1999,[25] but has a number of commonly used alternatives. City of Manchester Stadium is abbreviated to CoMS[pronunciation?] when written and spoken. Eastlands refers to the site and the stadium before they were named SportCity and CoMS respectively, and remains in common usage[2] for both the stadium and the whole complex, as does SportCity but with less frequency.

Which of you lot edited Wiki? :)

The November 2018 consultation exercise on further expansion options envisages the North Stand then becoming the Home End, with no corporate hospitality areas, a greatly extended second tier, "affordable" ticket prices and possible areas capable of conversion to safe standing. The singing area would then be in the North Stand, and the Family Stand would be relocated elsewhere in the Stadium.

Names[edit]​

Panorama of north end of stadium as viewed from southern approach along Joe Mercer Way
The stadium was named the City of Manchester Stadium by Manchester City Council before construction began in December 1999,[25] but has a number of commonly used alternatives. City of Manchester Stadium is abbreviated to CoMS[pronunciation?] when written and spoken. Eastlands refers to the site and the stadium before they were named SportCity and CoMS respectively, and remains in common usage[2] for both the stadium and the whole complex, as does SportCity but with less frequency.

Which of you lot edited Wiki? :)

The November 2018 consultation exercise on further expansion options envisages the North Stand then becoming the Home End, with no corporate hospitality areas, a greatly extended second tier, "affordable" ticket prices and possible areas capable of conversion to safe standing. The singing area would then be in the North Stand, and the Family Stand would be relocated elsewhere in the Stadium.
Cheers mate.

This expansion is probably the last chance saloon to extend. For what I'm hearing 62500 is the proposed capacity, but why not build a beast and bring the capacity up to something like 70k ? Make a North stand to rival or even better Spurs. Just think we might regret not making it bigger in a few years time.

This expansion is probably the last chance saloon to extend. For what I'm hearing 62500 is the proposed capacity, but why not build a beast and bring the capacity up to something like 70k ? Make a North stand to rival or even better Spurs. Just think we might regret not making it bigger in a few years time.
No way we will regret this, if it goes tits up we're not the rag's, upto their necks in debt( goodness knows where they get their money) we'll get it right next time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.