North Stand Construction Discussion

I think the club only really care about one thing, and it's this -

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F4921380c-c1e0-4d4c-b391-32457f41f125_1772x1816.jpeg

How are PSG first?

How are PSG first?

Paris is one of the richest cities on earth, has 13 million people and 1 football club and it's a massive tourist and corporate destination.

€130 euros for category 4 tickets to see Messi, Neymar and Mbappé put 6 past 11th placed Reims this weekend. I have no idea what category 1 would even be - €250? €300?

Last edited:
I was on the stadium tour this afternoon and the tour guide actually mentioned the proposed North Stand expansion in such a matter of fact way that you couldn't possibly believe that it wasn't going through happen.

He also asserted that the recent capacity reduction was due to City needing more advertising space for TV revenue during the COVID period when crowds weren't allowed inside the stadium.

Apparently the ETIHAD needs a larger capacity before the club can apply for World Cup games and Champions League Finals, and if it wasn't for COVID, the planning permission would already have been sorted (he gave a timescale of 1-2 years from now)

Mind you, he.then conveyed an anecdote regarding Aguero and a 2-0 defeat to Schalke, so perhaps everything he said was bollocks.

Perhaps? I find it difficult to believe a multi million pound organisation would lose out on millions of pounds of potential revenue because they could not get an architect to submit planning drawings.

No offence to the bloke and I am sure its said in good faith but I doubt he is a good source of info.

How are PSG first?
Never mind that, how the fuck are Liverpool getting nearly double our Matchday revenue? They did well in the cups which will have added some but that has to be from corporate sales.

A better Matchday atmosphere from “an end” will boost corporate sales.

Never mind that, how the fuck are Liverpool getting nearly double our Matchday revenue? They did well in the cups which will have added some but that has to be from corporate sales.

A better Matchday atmosphere from “an end” will boost corporate sales.

I’ve read that Liverpool only have like 27k season ticket holders so they then have another 27k or so to sell at match day prices.

I’ve read that Liverpool only have like 27k season ticket holders so they then have another 27k or so to sell at match day prices.
I suspect that wouldn’t make up for the difference in numbers though because I don’t think they charge much more than us. It has to be corporate sales surely.

I think the club only really care about one thing, and it's this -

They would rather be PSG getting 112m/year from 47,000 seats than Borussia Dortmund getting 32m/year from 80,000.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F4921380c-c1e0-4d4c-b391-32457f41f125_1772x1816.jpeg

Sadly I think this is true with the club. In some instances the interests of the fans and clubs align, such as success on the field, and some fans think there wonderful but the reality is I doubt its to please Joe from Gorton or Steve from Hyde. We are just fortunate enough to benefit from their pursuit of success.

Imo its the same with season ticket and ticket prices. Some season tickets are still relatively cheap in SSL3 but rather than be an act of kindness from the club, I think its just a calculated price point.

Once demand soars and the club have the confidence they can sell more tickets at higher prices, Im fully expecting an increase in season ticket prices and less season ticket holders (due to being priced out) and those tickets instead sold on an individual basis, like the liverpool model, at a high price point.

Mind you, he.then conveyed an anecdote regarding Aguero and a 2-0 defeat to Schalke, so perhaps everything he said was bollocks.
We've never been beaten 2-0 by Schalke. The only 2-0 was a win at their place a few years before Aguero joined.
Their only victory was 1-0 but I doubt Sergio was involved as it was in 1970!!
Unless it was a friendly of course.

I suspect that wouldn’t make up for the difference in numbers though because I don’t think they charge much more than us. It has to be corporate sales surely.

I think, see my post above, this is a path City will sadly follow. Less season tickets holders, more individual ticket sales, membership sales only, weekend packages, selling tickets to agencies etc,

With the Haaland effect the demand will undoubtedly grow and that will embolden the club to sell more individual seats and raise season ticket prices also.

1.1 Million followers on the sofascore app tells me that we are quickly becoming one of the best supported clubs in the world. An 80,000 capacity will be required within 10 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.