North Stand Construction Discussion

Maybe the silent west stand he stands in front of trying to gee up cluelessly.

The west stand is the worst by far so he doesn't hear very much support withing 50 metres.

Good luck to Pep trying to to gee up the Tunnel Club behind him.
Lots of long-term Blues were shifted to make place for the silent Tunnel Club. They might not have been loud but most were very loyal.

I said from when they were in the planning stage that they should have thought big and built the biggest club ground in the country. 80,000 or there abouts.

You could have kept the top tiers season ticket free and only open them when and if demand was there.

But you’d be first point of call for semi finals, internationals, European finals, concerts etc.

I’ve zero knowledge of planning or building but I’m certain building it all in one go would have been significantly cheaper than adding bits on to an already completed ground as you go along aswell.

I said from when they were in the planning stage that they should have thought big and built the biggest club ground in the country. 80,000 or there abouts.

You could have kept the top tiers season ticket free and only open them when and if demand was there.

But you’d be first point of call for semi finals, internationals, European finals, concerts etc.

I’ve zero knowledge of planning or building but I’m certain building it all in one go would have been significantly cheaper than adding bits on to an already completed ground as you go along aswell.
The club was skint then so it would have been unaffordable and overkill, plus there were huge constraints with a semi permanent stadium to adapt.

I was on the stadium tour this afternoon and the tour guide actually mentioned the proposed North Stand expansion in such a matter of fact way that you couldn't possibly believe that it wasn't going through happen.

He also asserted that the recent capacity reduction was due to City needing more advertising space for TV revenue during the COVID period when crowds weren't allowed inside the stadium.

Apparently the ETIHAD needs a larger capacity before the club can apply for World Cup games and Champions League Finals, and if it wasn't for COVID, the planning permission would already have been sorted (he gave a timescale of 1-2 years from now)

Mind you, he.then conveyed an anecdote regarding Aguero and a 2-0 defeat to Schalke, so perhaps everything he said was bollocks.

I was on the stadium tour this afternoon and the tour guide actually mentioned the proposed North Stand expansion in such a matter of fact way that you couldn't possibly believe that it wasn't going through happen.

He also asserted that the recent capacity reduction was due to City needing more advertising space for TV revenue during the COVID period when crowds weren't allowed inside the stadium.

Apparently the ETIHAD needs a larger capacity before the club can apply for World Cup games and Champions League Finals, and if it wasn't for COVID, the planning permission would already have been sorted (he gave a timescale of 1-2 years from now)

Mind you, he.then conveyed an anecdote regarding Aguero and a 2-0 defeat to Schalke, so perhaps everything he said was bollocks.
The seats were taken out when we went back to full Capacity, take what the guides say with a pinch of salt.

It has been officially announced pending a feasibility study. Ground testing has already been completed.

This is a real situation for City. Charge the earth around the Etihad-you already do.

But build a home end for local fans. Never going to say it's the yellow wall but.....

You have priced out most of the fans who carried the club in the darkest hours. Thousands who adore the club.

Build a stadium that holds all the people who spend a fortune in the shop but look after the thousands that can't. It's a balance and the crowds would be amazing.

Look at the bigger picture. We all don't want to sit on a padded seat.

I think the club only really care about one thing, and it's this -

They would rather be PSG getting 112m/year from 47,000 seats than Borussia Dortmund getting 32m/year from 80,000.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F4921380c-c1e0-4d4c-b391-32457f41f125_1772x1816.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.