North Stand Construction Discussion

Add in the current train chaos. Even when there isn’t a strike on Avanti and TPE contrive to cancel so many trains that travelling from Scotland is very difficult.

The Arsenal Cup match is the first that I have been able to attend since the World Cup.
Travelling locally is difficult enough. I live 14 miles away and was In the car for 2.5 hrs the other night going to that game and that was parking about 1.5m away from the stadium too! No wonder people don’t bother with night matches. Again though, no thought for the fans by the TV companies.

Well I have a direct link to the club and I think both upper and lower tiers should be singing sections. Both should have rail seats and cheap tickets. There’s no reason why it should be one or the other.

Not you.

T! ;-)

Even I‘ve thought the club would make NSL1 safe standing and put a new singing section in there.

TBH I hope the club don’t. It will only replicate a failed sInging section/115 in SSL1.

The club need to bite the bullet, take the brave decision, expand NSL2, and make it the new home end, along with a new singing section.

City fans won’t move to a new singing section/block in NSL1. It will fail.

Not you.

T! ;-)

Even I‘ve thought the club would make NSL1 safe standing and put a new singing section in there.

TBH I hope the club don’t. It will only replicate a failed sInging section/115 in SSL1.

The club need to bite the bullet, take the brave decision, expand NSL2, and make it the new home end, along with a new singing section.

City fans wk ‘t move to 1 new singing section/block in NSL1. It will fail.
Spot on

Well I have a direct link to the club and I think both upper and lower tiers should be singing sections. Both should have rail seats and cheap tickets. There’s no reason why it should be one or the other.

This is where we’re going wrong.

A big problem right now is that the atmosphere is broken up over multiple tiers rather than congregated within the same area where the noise can be channeled.

There’s absolutely no point in having an expanded 2nd tier if the singers are broken up over multiple tiers. That’s exactly the same situation as we have now where we have a block is SS1 and people in SS3.

If it’s over two tiers we’ll have people in NS1 singing one song and people in NS2 singing another. It’ll be crap and a complete waste of a great opportunity.

Unfortunately it sounds like egos and a lack of knowledge, understanding or know how will kill this chance at an atmosphere.

This is where we’re going wrong.

A big problem right now is that the atmosphere is broken up over multiple tiers rather than congregated within the same area where the noise can be channeled.

There’s absolutely no point in having an expanded 2nd tier if the singers are broken up over multiple tiers. That’s exactly the same situation as we have now where we have a block is SS1 and people in SS3.

If it’s over two tiers we’ll have people in NS1 singing one song and people in NS2 singing another. It’ll be crap and a complete waste of a great opportunity.

Unfortunately it sounds like egos and a lack of knowledge, understanding or know how will kill this chance at an atmosphere.

I know it isn’t egos, lack of knowledge, understanding or know how. The people at City are very clever, business orientated, at the top of their game, their profession, and buy into everything they‘re expected to buy into. They aren’t stupid or ignorant.

But!

If you had a face to face opportunity to speak to Soriano over a glass of Rioja or a glass of Estrella, and spoke to him on a fan to fan level, obviously he’s a Barcelona fan, he might, just might, understand the longing and passion for a proper North stand home end amongst City fans.

Soriano and his boss Khaldoon can make that happen. Don’t look any further than them 2.

I know it isn’t egos, lack of knowledge, understanding or know how. The people at City are very clever, business orientated, at the top of their game, their profession, and buy into everything they‘re expected to buy into. They aren’t stupid or ignorant.

But!

If you had a face to face opportunity to speak to Soriano over a glass of Rioja or a glass of Estrella, and spoke to him on a fan to fan level, obviously he’s a Barcelona fan, he might, just might, understand the longing and passion for a proper North stand home end amongst City fans.

Soriano and his boss Khaldoon can make that happen. Don’t look any further than them 2.

I’m talking about some of our fans and not the club.

Those with a direct line to the club need to be putting the correct information across and it doesn’t sound like they are. I say egos because some are telling the club to make tier 1 the singing area because they think tier 2 means ‘sitting in the gods’. It’s gonna kill it if the club listen to them because it will spit the singers up just as they are now and make it disjointed.

Those with a direct line to the club need to be putting the correct information across and it doesn’t sound like they are. I say egos because some are telling the club to make tier 1 the singing area because they think tier 2 means ‘sitting in the gods’. It’s gonna kill it if the club listen to them because it will spit the singers up just as they are now and make it disjointed.

The club read this thread, that’s a fact. Hopefully they’ll take all our views and opinions into consideration?

Bar this thread, as you now, the club asked for…..

AA2375B3-557E-4BAF-B0DE-BE369E30606A.jpeg

Further views will be taken by the club during the formal consultations later this year.

Views from a fan or fans who have a ‘direct line’ to ‘specific employees’ at the club may also be noted, but there’s no reason whatsoever to think they will influence any decision taken by the board or City employees who are involved in delivering the North stand expansion.

At the end of the consultation period 1000’s of City fans will express their views, opinions and ideas about the North stand expansion.

Last edited:

Isn’t it fairly straightforward? Tier 1 remains the family stand. All eligible families from the current North Stand go in there.

The expanded second tier becomes a safe standing singing / home end. Three of the central blocks of the expanded tier house 1,500 singers who are vetted and the fourth (youth) block has 500 17/18 to 24 olds (paying cheap prices for tickets). Other blocks can be unofficial singing blocks.

The ticket prices for the other 4,000 Blues (maybe all the adults in the expanded 2nd tier) are broadly in line with South Stand L3 prices.

Everything else can be worked out eg people who’ve remained in the North Stand (delete being over age etc) can be relocated to the South Stand (or within the New North Stand big tier if they like to sing)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.