North Stand Construction Discussion

A big worry for me is that there’s a guy who posts on here with a direct line to the club who is trying to get the singing section in the lower tier…

Completely destroys the point of an expanded upper tier.

Who?

They have a username.

The pricing structure for season tickets currently is an absolute mess. So many different price categories all over the stadium and yet when match day tickets go on sale there are only about 3 or 4 different categories. Really the club needs a complete reset on this but I suspect they’ll just keep fiddling with it and it won’t get any better.
Not sure I fancy the thought of a reset that would only ever result in a cynical increase in prices.

Not sure I fancy the thought of a reset that would only ever result in a cynical increase in prices.
That’s true. The club need to be careful though because I think a lot of genuine supporters are reaching breaking point, if they haven’t already, and the tourists/corporate/ will only pick up the slack for so long.

Hello City.

You know what my worry is, the club will do what it wants to do regardless of what the fans think and want.

I’m not saying the club doesn’t take the fans views and opinions into consideration, but the club will make and take the decisions that are best for the club.

In the past I’ve been in meetings with the club. The club employees at those meetings are very nice, understanding, are happy to listen, to talk, etc. But when push comes to shove they make the final decisions. That’s not to say the club hasn’t taken fans ideas onboard and implemented them.

What you have to understand is the club is very, very structured with numerous levels of management. Decisions about how the club is run go up and down like a lift, reaching certain levels, no further, coming back down again. Like any business and organisation the really big decisions are taken at the very top, at boardroom level and then trickle down.

I doubt 1 City fan, regardless of who they are, will impact on the final decisions on the North stand expansion.

In Khaldoon, Soriano and Danny Wilson (etc), I/we trust when it comes to the North stand expansion. (hopefully, please, erm…)

Last edited:
Original fixture sold out. When the date changed there were a couple of thousand returns. Sales also weren't helped by this new date being dependant on whether we were in a cup replay or not. Guessing if this was always going to be a night week day game that the prices wouldn't have been as (disgustingly) high either.
Add in the current train chaos. Even when there isn’t a strike on Avanti and TPE contrive to cancel so many trains that travelling from Scotland is very difficult.

The Arsenal Cup match is the first that I have been able to attend since the World Cup.

We’ve had pages and pages of posts saying singers in one block can’t hear songs sung in another block due to the shit acoustics in the stadium. Yet tv not picking something up is some massive conspiracy.

Do you seriously think somebody from Sky BT ITV and BBC are all in on this and the 4 completely separate broadcasters all have a joined up plot to reduce the volume when at City making their product sound shit ( pandering to supporters of teams that aren’t even watching ) ??
There’s no conspiracy, however…

Broadcasters at ALL premier league grounds use a ‘smart sound system’ where the ‘active’ microphones are the ones closest to where the ball is. You may notice sometimes there’s a huge song being sung in the south stand and as the ball is played up towards the north stand it almost cuts out. It hasn’t cut out, but different microphones have become active in other areas of the ground that are more quiet.

This negatively affects City more so because we don’t shoot to our vocal end in the second half.

A big worry for me is that there’s a guy who posts on here with a direct line to the club who is trying to get the singing section in the lower tier…

Completely destroys the point of an expanded upper tier.

Well I have a direct link to the club and I think both upper and lower tiers should be singing sections. Both should have rail seats and cheap tickets. There’s no reason why it should be one or the other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.