North Stand Construction Discussion

I asked why because because why should it be called Kippax people will sill use it (JUST LIKE UNITED YOU LIVE IN THE PAST)lets go forward into a new era Maine Road and the Kippax Street Stand was twenty years ago
The emirates has the clock end, we have the Colin Bell stand. Football didnt start in 92.

The emirates has the clock end, we have the Colin Bell stand. Football didnt start in 92.
Foot ball for me started in 1947 and that was long before '92 so I have lots of memories of Maine Road but I want them to be memories and look foward with what time I have left to look to the future and not the past.
Nostalgia aint what it used to be.

I think we’re all agreed keeping the North Stand name after the North stand expansion really isn’t appropriate. “We are the North stand!”(arf!)

The sensible thing to do is to let the fans chose from a list of stand names. Say 4 or 5 names? If the voting is close on 2 of the names, whittle it down and let the fans pick either of those 2 names. If there‘s a clear fans favourite, the club should go with that name.

PS. I honestly thought City were going to name the North stand the Sergio Aguero stand when Sergio retired. The North stand will always be remembered as the end where Sergio scored that famous PL title winning goal. :-)

Last edited:
I asked why because because why should it be called Kippax people will sill use it (JUST LIKE UNITED YOU LIVE IN THE PAST)lets go forward into a new era Maine Road and the Kippax Street Stand was twenty years ago
?

I think we’re all agreed keeping the North Stand name after the North stand expansion really isn’t appropriate. “We are the North stand!”(arf!)

The sensible thing to do is to let the fans chose from a list of stand names. Say 4 or 5 names? If the voting is close on 2 of the names, whittle it down and let the fans pick either of those 2 names. If there‘s a clear fans favourite, the club should go with that name.

PS. I honestly thought City were going to name the North stand the Sergio Aguero stand when Sergio retired. The North stand will always be remembered as the end where Sergio scored that famous PL title winning goal. :-)
I still think it should be called the 93:20 stand, but they’ve named bar areas after that so not to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.