North Stand Construction Discussion

That’s going to cause a problem isn’t.

If people are going to continually stand up in a seated area there are going to be problems between the fans and with the stewards. As a rule standing isn’t allowed on SSL3 because it’s a seating only tier.

Nobody sings when they‘re sat down. The whole point of the North stand expansion and a larger 2nd tier was to make it a proper home end that creates an atmosphere. The fans aren’t going to do that if they’re sat down.

“Excuse me Doris, can you stand up and sing please“ “No, I’m sat down, I don’t want to stand up, and I don’t want to sing” “Fuck off back to South stand”

If the 2nd tier is seated and not safe standing who is that going to attract? It certainly won’t attract me and other singers. I’m not getting continual grief off other City fans who want to sit down, want to watch the match, and don’t want to sing. I don’t want grief off the stewards telling me to continually sit down either.

Even if safe standing is introduced on NSL1 it will only replicate SSL1, but it will be even worse. City aren’t going to get 500-1000 singers moving to NSL1 when they can stay next to the away fans. Where‘s the incentive to relocate?

City need to make level 2 an official safe standing tier. The last cup games against the Dippers, Chelsea and Arsenal have shown the away fans can stand in L3 and L2 safely and create a good atmosphere. Adding safe standing to North stand, level 2 will improve the fans safety, and cement North stand, level 2 as a proper home end and a new singing section.

Spurs fans stand in their new stand behind the goal. The front section is safe standing. Don’t know if there plans to make the rest of the stand higher up safe standing.

View attachment 67503

Liverpool fans regularly stand on the KOP all the way to the back of the Kop.

Unfortunately I’ve got a horrible feeling NSL1 will be made safe standing like SSL1, and an expanded L2 tier will be a stand full of regular City fans, day trippers, tourists, maybe even corporates. I’m really not expecting anything radically different when the North stand expansion plans are made public.
Are you allowed 'safe standing' in higher tiers ? I thought its just ground level ?

I think it was @DiscoSteve who made this. It shows the rake of an extended 2nd tier vs how a 3rd tier looks in comparison.

I actually think the expansion will be steeper and finish up where a third tier would conclude. Whether that would mean creating a new front section to replace the current 2nd tier I’m not sure.

50C88AAF-3D16-434D-A7C1-19E7F19D5FF6.jpeg

Are you allowed 'safe standing' in higher tiers ? I thought its just ground level ?

People stand at the back of high stands. Newcastle away being a prime example. The European Ultras always stand on SSL3 when they fill it. So do other PL fans. And that’s without safe standing up there.

PS. You get a free oxygen tank when you get to your seat at Newcastle.

I wonder how similar to this it will look?

Did someone say they might demolish the current 2nd tier? This might be to get the rake right and so it appears as one continuous structure rather than an add on.

View attachment 67504
View attachment 67505

It would be good if City got rid of the overhang and built a completely new larger 2nd tier starting at the back of the 1st tier, rather than adding to the current 2nd tier and leaving the overhang. The overhand is a concrete buffer that stops sound going up to L2 and sound coming down from L2. Those who stand underneath the overhang on SSL1 will know what I mean.

It would be good if City got rid of the overhang and built a completely new larger 2nd tier starting at the back of the 1st tier, rather than adding to the current 2nd tier and leaving the overhang. The overhand is a concrete buffer that stops sound going up to L2 and sound coming down from L2. Those who stand underneath the overhang on SSL1 will know what I mean.

They’re doing exactly that with the Anfield Road end at Anfield. Removing the current 2nd tier in the summer and the new tier has less of an overhang.

They’re doing exactly that with the Anfield Road end at Anfield. Removing the current 2nd tier in the summer and the new tier has less of an overhang.

Note how the away fans will be shoved right in the corner of the new stand. Even more so than now, as the away end on the lower tier currently ends behind the goal.(shown in the 1st picture)

DD7962BE-62DF-4C89-A504-96EEE8A1CA14.jpeg

69999C39-3571-463D-87B9-06CC2334E92A.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.