North Stand Construction Discussion

People stand at the back of high stands. Newcastle away being a prime example. The European Ultras always stand on SSL3 when they fill it. So do other PL fans. And that’s without safe standing up there.

PS. You get a free oxygen tank when you get to your seat at Newcastle.
You can’t use examples of away ends where stewards don’t go anywhere near supporters and allow them to stand. You only have to look at the stewarding of LFC Chelsea and Arsenal fans at the recent cup games to see the stewards gave them a pass to do whatever they wanted.

North Stand L2 will not be safe standing and you can guarantee there will be jobsworth stewards spending all game getting blues to sit down.

People stand at the back of high stands. Newcastle away being a prime example. The European Ultras always stand on SSL3 when they fill it. So do other PL fans. And that’s without safe standing up there.

They aren’t sanctioned safe standing stands though. Think the question is more do the English safe standing regulations allow for them to be in higher levels?

No I meant as law, ie city couldn't have a safe standing area in the top tier?

You can’t use examples of away ends where stewards don’t go anywhere near supporters and allow them to stand. You only have to look at the stewarding of LFC Chelsea and Arsenal fans at the recent cup games to see the stewards gave them a pass to do whatever they wanted.

North Stand L2 will not be safe standing and you can guarantee there will be jobsworth stewards spending all game getting blues to sit down.

I’m using those examples as it shows it can be done. Standing safely in level 3 and level 2 even without safe standing.

Spurs fans do it at the back of the new home end. Liverpool fans do it at the back of the KOP. United fans do it at the back of the Stretford End. Even City fans do it at the back of SSL3 during big matches like United and Liverpool, I believe, even though I can’t see them.

Mark my words. You probably already know. If City make NSL2 all seater, with stewards patrolling up and down the steps telling fans to sit down, there won’t be any singing or noise coming from NSL2. It will end up being a normal tier. That might also go for NSL1 with safe standing, unless City can somehow convince 100’s of singers to relocate there from SSL1, 111, 110, 109, and from the away fans.

No I meant as law, ie city couldn't have a safe standing area in the top tier?

I don’t know.

Home and Away fans at every ground stand at the back of their highest tiers without safe standing. Newcastle fans stand adjacent to the away fans and sing from up there.

They aren’t sanctioned safe standing stands though. Think the question is more do the English safe standing regulations allow for them to be in higher levels?

I know they’re not. Are City prepared to allow safe standing on the expanded NSL2? And if they are, can they get permission for it from the city council? I don’t know if the PL, GMP, and other bodies would be involved in that decision. I honestly don’t see a problem with safe standing on L2.

It is a single tiered stand, but the safe standing goes all the way to the back of the stand.

Nagyerdei Stadion is an all-seater asymmetric football stadium in Debrecen, Hungary and home to Debreceni Vasutas Sport Club.

4E324980-D4F8-470C-A9E2-DD7500C5FC40.jpeg

E23656EB-18CB-4F4E-BAFD-AAD14F7A8676.jpeg

I know they’re not. Are City prepared to allow safe standing on the expanded NSL2? And if they are, can they get permission for it from the city council? I don’t know if the PL, GMP, and other bodies would be involved in that decision. I honestly don’t see a problem with safe standing on L2.
They have to abide by the rules of the Sports Ground Safety Authority https://sgsa.org.uk/licensedstanding/ and their pdf published last July doesn't mention anything about limitations of where it can be placed as far as I can see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.