North Stand Construction Discussion

I know they’re not. Are City prepared to allow safe standing on the expanded NSL2? And if they are, can they get permission for it from the city council? I don’t know if the PL, GMP, and other bodies would be involved in that decision. I honestly don’t see a problem with safe standing on L2.

The Sports Ground Safety Authority is in place to approve/refuse applications. There have been reviews/guidance and tests to ensure it works safely. There are guidelines for its design and safety requirements. I can't see (after a quick browse) that it's restricted to lower tiers only. It's seen as safer than seated sections, because it prevents people jumping over seats and charging up or down a tier, and the injuries that could cause. It also prevents people doing the same to enter/exit grounds so the flow of people is more manageable. Sight lines are a consideration, but they are for seated sections anyway, so I can't see in design terms why that would be an issue either - particularly as the club would/could be designing for it now and not retrospectively which is where that could be a problem.

If the club are looking at doing it in NSL1 then that's purely because they'll think that's what fans want - get behind the goal and make a racket and have displays etc. But they're missing the fact, and we'll make them aware through consultation, that it would not work unless it's at the back of an expanded 2nd tier - because acoustically that's the optimum place.

I understand the want for a huge stand to try and generate noise but I don't think this will happen unless something is put in place to stop pitch invasions.

If true, that’s good to know.
If anything I think it makes steep angled stands safer. Those ankle high seats in front of supporters at the top of Wembley are ridiculous, we've all had supporters come tumbling over our heads up there haven't we?

It is a single tiered stand, but the safe standing goes all the way to the back of the stand.

Nagyerdei Stadion is an all-seater asymmetric football stadium in Debrecen, Hungary and home to Debreceni Vasutas Sport Club.

View attachment 67520

View attachment 67521
It’s obviously safe - probably safer than seats - but would be amazed if they allow safe standing in a large second tier stand. Especially not the way policing and stewarding is conducted at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.