North Stand Construction Discussion

Why can’t singers or people who want to stand have a better view than the lower tier? It’s a big ground and there’s plenty of room for everyone.
I was forcibly removed through huge price increases when Joe’s was introduced.
But the logistics can be done so that everyone is happy and there’s a place for everyone.
Some people like to moan like fuck about everything and refuse to embrace any kind of change.
There isn't any change on the way in SS3. It's just you bleating about what you want.

When I went on a stadium tour at Easter the tour guide said that City had applied for permission for all of SSL3 to be safe standing. So stick that in your luke warm flask.
I've had a call with a senior member of the club staff who said that the away section was made all safe standing as requested by the Ground Safety Authority but there were no plans to install it in the home section.

Who to believe, eh?

Anyone know what happened to the North Stand Expansion thread?
Well in a roundabout way the conversation above could be sort of connected. If (& I have been told it isn't) the home section of SS3 is being made safe standing (all 5000 seats) then I'd assume that all those currently in there would be offered first dibs at moving to the expanded NS. The problem with relocating large numbers currently is getting a number of seats together to accommodate family / friends groups but obviously that wouldn't be an issue with the new NS.

This would seem a bizarre move by the club but who knows? It could happen I suppose.

I've had a call with a senior member of the club staff who said that the away section was made all safe standing as requested by the Ground Safety Authority but there were no plans to install it in the home section.

Who to believe, eh?
I guess they need to investigate all options before they announce plans for NS2 - back on thread.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I personally think the best chance of creating a loud ‘home end’ is keeping the singers near the away fans. The equivalent of the cage near the away fans on the Kippax back in the day. I’m actually a FOC.

What might happen is that people who want to create an atmosphere will be spread even more thinly around the ground?

The club need to do something to sort the atmosphere out in the ground and this is a great opportunity.

But unfortunately I would expect nothing less of the club to fuck the opportunity up.

Although to be fair to the club everyone seems to have a different opinion to what the solution is.

I guess they need to investigate all options before they announce plans for NS2 - back on thread.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I personally think the best chance of creating a loud ‘home end’ is keeping the singers near the away fans. The equivalent of the cage near the away fans on the Kippax back in the day. I’m actually a FOC.

What might happen is that people who want to create an atmosphere will be spread even more thinly around the ground?

The club need to do something to sort the atmosphere out in the ground and this is a great opportunity.

But unfortunately I would expect nothing less of the club to fuck the opportunity up.

Although to be fair to the club everyone seems to have a different opinion to what the solution is.
If SS3 becomes all safe standing then that says to me that there would be no safe standing in the expanded NS. It means an additional 5000 standing which I think would take a lot of filling from existing SC holders (they won't be offering new ones just to fill them).

If it happens (I highly doubt it) then it's saying that SS3 is the cheap(er) home end option and the new NS is a more premium offer with prices to match. It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility but existing SC holders in SS3 would need options to relocate and the NS is the obvious one. Commercially I can't see it as I'd expect a large proportion of match day seating at top end prices rather than more affordable SCs.

Who knows, maybe the club will make some sort of announcement at some point....

We don't know what the club has got planned for the North stand and the Etihad. Until the North stand plans are revealed, including stadium wide relocation plans, there will always be a possibility that away fans could be relocated. I'm not saying that will happen.
Therefore, now is the time to lay out what we, the the fans and cash paying customers, want and need.

What I've proposed (imo) is eminently achievable with no risk to security/segregation inside/outside the stadium, and with clearly defined advantages to everyone.

Imo, this should be something that is pressed vigorously by City Matters, 1894 & the OSC.

We'll only get one chance to coordinate all the required,advantageous, changes with the opening of the expanded NS.

Grasp it and make it happen or regret it in perpetuity !!

Therefore, now is the time to lay out what we, the the fans and cash paying customers, want and need.

What I've proposed (imo) is eminently achievable with no risk to security/segregation inside/outside the stadium, and with clearly defined advantages to everyone.

Imo, this should be something that is pressed vigorously by City Matters, 1894 & the OSC.

We'll only get one chance to coordinate all the required,advantageous, changes with the opening of the expanded NS.

Grasp it and make it happen or regret it in perpetuity !!
I don’t want it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.