North Stand Construction Discussion

I've had a call with a senior member of the club staff who said that the away section was made all safe standing as requested by the Ground Safety Authority but there were no plans to install it in the home section.

Who to believe, eh?
Both could be true, we may well have got permission to do the whole third tier, but as it stands only have plans to do the away section.

Both could be true, we may well have got permission to do the whole third tier, but as it stands only have plans to do the away section.
Of course and it's not carved in stone what I was told as plans can change. I would want a move out of SS3 if it became safe standing but I would be fairly happy if I got first dibs on the new NS. My choice would be to stay put mind as I love it up there.

Of course and it's not carved in stone what I was told as plans can change. I would want a move out of SS3 if it became safe standing but I would be fairly happy if I got first dibs on the new NS. My choice would be to stay put mind as I love it up there.
When I was moved out of what is now Joe’s in SSL2 I had first choice on where to sit in SSL3 when it opened.

Off topic. Details in the Rag thread and a link.

Hmmm.

World-renowned global architecture studio, Foster + Partners, is set to be appointed by Manchester United to develop a masterplan for the Old Trafford Stadium District, covering the Club-owned land that surrounds the existing stadium

I guess they need to investigate all options before they announce plans for NS2 - back on thread.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I personally think the best chance of creating a loud ‘home end’ is keeping the singers near the away fans. The equivalent of the cage near the away fans on the Kippax back in the day. I’m actually a FOC.

What might happen is that people who want to create an atmosphere will be spread even more thinly around the ground?

The club need to do something to sort the atmosphere out in the ground and this is a great opportunity.

But unfortunately I would expect nothing less of the club to fuck the opportunity up.

Although to be fair to the club everyone seems to have a different opinion to what the solution is.
The relocation of away fans keeps them close to City fans in SS1/2/3 and ES1/2/3 but importantly below them

They become thinned out round the corner flag, in the least atmospheric position in the stadium.

If its a top atmosphere we all want & need,without prejudicing security/segregation,this is the answer.

Off topic. Details in the Rag thread and a link.

Hmmm.

World-renowned global architecture studio, Foster + Partners, is set to be appointed by Manchester United to develop a masterplan for the Old Trafford Stadium District, covering the Club-owned land that surrounds the existing stadium
Are F+P also financiers ?

Therefore, now is the time to lay out what we, the the fans and cash paying customers, want and need.

What I've proposed (imo) is eminently achievable with no risk to security/segregation inside/outside the stadium, and with clearly defined advantages to everyone.

Imo, this should be something that is pressed vigorously by City Matters, 1894 & the OSC.

We'll only get one chance to coordinate all the required,advantageous, changes with the opening of the expanded NS.

Grasp it and make it happen or regret it in perpetuity !!

Increase in match day revenue. Which the club wants.

How many away seats are in SSL2? Let’s say 1000 for arguments sake. Probably slightly less?

1000x£30 = £3000. £3000x19 = £570,000.

If the SSL2 away end was turned into a City end.

Let’s go for an average of £60 for a ticket. Arsenal is currently £77 a ticket.

1000x£60 = £60000. £6000x19 = £1,140,000.

£570,000 more per season. It will be more due to more expensive tickets, and maybe hospitality? City could quite easily make £1mill more a season from the away section on SSL2 than they do now.

Hellocity recently complained about the long queues of people waiting to get up to SSL3. Giving the current SSL3 away end over to City fans would open another entrance and exit to SSL3. Only 1000+ away fans are currently using that entrance and exit.

Are F+P also financiers ?

Of course not. But you can’t dismiss the ambition. This is serious news. Regrdless of hating the Rags, I’m now very interested to see what Norman Fosters comes up with. Just like I would be if it was announced he was the architect behind a proposed tower or building in Manchester.

Saying that, he designed the new Wembley, which let’s be honest, isn’t great. The only thing that saves Wembley and makes it stand out from any other football stadium in the world is the arch that lights up above the stadium.

Last edited:
Of course not. But you can’t dismiss the ambition. This is serious news. Regrdless of hating the Rags, I’m now very interested to see what Norman Fosters comes up with. Just like I would be if it was announced he was the architect behind a proposed tower or building in Manchester.
I wouldn't worry about it. We'll have been down to the North West Counties League and back to the PL before there's a shovel in the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.