North Stand Construction Discussion

Kudos on a balanced and fair take, it is refreshing.

Agree there was very little in the club statement, said as much when it came out. And other than the introduction of 3k rails, nothing significant has really changed.

But by that same point, people claiming it as a tourist end and a failure, and the club screwing the fans over etc, can't possibly know that, while there is such a lack of detail.
It is indeed a balanced and fair take. Just like the 1894 statement that was made yesterday, yet you had a massive problem with that for some bizarre fucking reason. Oh, and now that it has been revealed that the club only plan to release Flexi Gold season tickets in the new stand would you care to comment on that or do you still think 1894 are a bunch of moaning twats?

Now that the plans have been released by the Club, I wanted to share at least a brief update. We’d been expecting this for weeks and I am not sure why there was a delay, but they’ve managed to time it whilst I’m on holiday in the States!

I tend to agree that the plans are currently a missed opportunity for the best atmospheric end. As @Manchester33 will be able to attest to, I had argued for things like the Club undertaking an expression of interest for safestanding so that we had a much better understanding of demand months ago. That said, there are certainly positives to the plans and I hope to work with the Club to shape them further as we go forward.

But, I wanted to share something that wasn’t necessarily included yesterday. The Club’s policy at this moment in time is that all new season cards (and I don’t like using that term for these tickets) will be Flexi Gold only. That is to say that there will only be Flexi Gold tickets offered in the new North Stand expansion.

I think this is an absolute disaster. Whilst I recognise that the flexibility of this ticket may be attractive to some, there are well established concerns including the £150 premium to purchase a Flexi Gold ticket compared to a standard season ticket. Likewise, the lack of choice between a season card and Flexi Gold undermined arguments about flexibility, as it would mean that (even more) fans are forced to purchase the more expensive former in lieu of the latter. It is difficult to view this as anything other than a money-making exercise.
Thanks for this Alex. I had heard about the Flexi Gold only idea but was hoping with the lack of clarity around that in the club announcement yesterday that it might now be off the table. Very concerning if they still plough ahead with it.

It is indeed a balanced and fair take. Just like the 1894 statement that was made yesterday, yet you had a massive problem with that for some bizarre fucking reason. Oh, and now that it has been revealed that the club only plan to release Flexi Gold season tickets in the new stand would you care to comment on that or do you still think 1894 are a bunch of moaning twats?

Your words, not mine, re the 1894. But I do stand by what I said about their statement.

That post above, and their response are very different, let's not pretend to be dumb.

Look, I might be a bit of a git here and there, but I am not usually unreasonable. The fact I reacted to it like that, and the fact that a dozen or so generally level-headed blues agreed with me, I would say suggests their statement is actually open to being read like that, and rubbing people the wrong way.

It is easy to bang out cliches of 'standing up against a corporate machine' while avoiding the actual response.

I read it again today having slept on it. I see it the same way as I did yesterday, indulgently championing their conflict with the club, first and forememost.

Last edited:
Now that the plans have been released by the Club, I wanted to share at least a brief update. We’d been expecting this for weeks and I am not sure why there was a delay, but they’ve managed to time it whilst I’m on holiday in the States!

I tend to agree that the plans are currently a missed opportunity for the best atmospheric end. As @Manchester33 will be able to attest to, I had argued for things like the Club undertaking an expression of interest for safestanding so that we had a much better understanding of demand months ago.

But, I wanted to share something that wasn’t necessarily included yesterday. The Club’s policy at this moment in time is that all new season cards (and I don’t like using that term for these tickets) will be Flexi Gold only. That is to say that there will only be Flexi Gold tickets offered in the new North Stand expansion.

I think this is an absolute disaster. Whilst I recognise that the flexibility of this ticket may be attractive to some, there are well established concerns including the £150 premium to purchase a Flexi Gold ticket compared to a standard season ticket. Likewise, the lack of choice between a season card and Flexi Gold undermined arguments about flexibility, as it would mean that (even more) fans are forced to purchase the more expensive former in lieu of the latter. It is difficult to view this as anything other than a money-making exercise.

Disappointing that no new season cards will be available. Thank you for your work on all this and that goes for the other fan groups as well. Some of the responses you’ve received are borderline disgraceful to be honest.

“To cater for the varying needs of our diverse fan base, we will introduce a range of facilities in Level One of the North Stand. These facilities include new breakout spaces, religious rooms and alcohol-free areas.”
Fuck. That.

Adult FG holders,

How much have you been charged for tickets this season?

How do the prices compare to the normal prices where you sit?

Genuinely interested because I know the prices for Junior FG tickets are dirt cheap.
I've bought all league games up to now and paid between £10 and £15 (Arse) for them.

As a S/T of 40 years there are a lot of S/T holders near us who don't turn up for games and don't always pass the ticket on?

Disappointing that no new season cards will be available.
They are season tickets, just with an extra £150 for the privilege.

In reality they are just a disgraceful way the club have thought of to increase season ticket prices on the quiet. The only was as a member you can get a season ticket at the moment is through these, so the club can make £150 extra on every new season ticket sold because there is no alternative.

I am so angry. The club have treated members terribly these last few years. Hopefully the new Citymatters rep for members will challenge the club on all this.

“To cater for the varying needs of our diverse fan base, we will introduce a range of facilities in Level One of the North Stand. These facilities include new breakout spaces, religious rooms and alcohol-free areas.”
Fuck. That.
Alcohol free area?

What, like the 60k seats facing the fucking pitch!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.