North Stand Construction Discussion

That makes zero sense in the most sustained period of success in our history. The only reason for that must be as older season ticket holders pass away their season tickets are not being put up for sale.

The club previously claimed there was a long waiting list for season tickets. Can't remember the number now, but it was big. I'm sure they could sell plenty, if they wanted to.

Sadly, one of the costs of success.

But as long as the trophies keep coming one that has to be accepted.
And what happens when it stops? Yes we are growing fast but it’s going to take about another 20 years to get to United Liverpool level of tourists, when things inevitably fall away and they will, then filling the stadium is going to be a problem. The Watford game last week was empty in the SSL3, imagine if the new stand had been up as well, there’s a balance that City need to be careful with, either more season tickets or lower match day prices for locals, Watford should’ve been £1 for kids £10 for adults just to fill it.
As for the stand every time I walk past it the sheer size with hotel is gob smacking it’s going to look epic, let’s hope they can sort out the drainage round the ground as well it’s puddle city.

And what happens when it stops? Yes we are growing fast but it’s going to take about another 20 years to get to United Liverpool level of tourists, when things inevitably fall away and they will, then filling the stadium is going to be a problem. The Watford game last week was empty in the SSL3, imagine if the new stand had been up as well, there’s a balance that City need to be careful with, either more season tickets or lower match day prices for locals, Watford should’ve been £1 for kids £10 for adults just to fill it.
I totally agree with games like Watford but that's a very different argument and not for this thread.

That makes zero sense in the most sustained period of success in our history. The only reason for that must be as older season ticket holders pass away their season tickets are not being put up for sale.

The club previously claimed there was a long waiting list for season tickets. Can't remember the number now, but it was big. I'm sure they could sell plenty, if they wanted to.
The club has effectively stopped selling new, full SCs since Covid. They issued a few Silvers before withdrawing them but allowed those that had them to purchase Gold and this summer they only offered 600 Flexi Golds.

Every year there are a small but significant overall number of non renewals and in the main they are going into the match day sales pot to generate extra revenue. The club doesn't need the previously high percentage of SC holders as they can easily sell those seats at far higher prices. We could have 50k SCs if the club were to offer them at current prices I reckon but clearly they won't be doing so.

Sadly, one of the costs of success.

But as long as the trophies keep coming one that has to be accepted.
It’s not the cost of success and we don’t have accept it either. It’s a choice on the clubs part. It’s short term greed in my view.

Long term fans or people who would usually pick up match day tickets for games like Brentford or Watford aren’t buying those tickets now.

As the above poster says what happens when pep leaves and we inevitably get worse. Those fans will be out of the habit and we’ll be relying on huge numbers of expensive match day tickets to fill the ground.

It’s not the cost of success and we don’t have accept it either. It’s a choice on the clubs part. It’s short term greed in my view.

Long term fans or people who would usually pick up match day tickets for games like Brentford or Watford aren’t buying those tickets now.

As the above poster says what happens when pep leaves and we inevitably get worse. Those fans will be out of the habit and we’ll be relying on huge numbers of expensive match day tickets to fill the ground.
Sadly with the TV dictating the scheduled, season tickets may well become less and less, I would imagine apart from the very local based fans getting to a majority of games in a season is very difficult.

I get you are joking, but just for others, the GA+ is the existing rows inside the stand as is now.

Also the 'windows' he twice says they are putting in, are edge protection to lift shaft door openings. Similarly, not meant at you.
Are the first 10 rows of NSL2 GA+ now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.