North Stand Construction Discussion

A bit hit and miss with the pictures.

With security on the gates around the construction site I couldn't access those vantage points properly (camera lens through the gates), even though I did time it right when 1 gate was open.

On the plus side the construction site was very busy, meaning I could take pictures of the construction workers working.(and a fine job they are doing)

As well as taking pictures around the construction site, I took pictures from the pedestrian bridge.

As I've used both my camera and my mobile phone, which has a better zoom than my camera, believe it it not, I'll have to sort through the pictures, Photoshop them, and post them later on. :-)

Last edited:
Few questions...

Are we likely to see any more of the existing North Stand roof in season? Can see they have already began putting in cement terrace just above it which will (I think) have to come all the way down and connect to the existing second tier?

If that is the case, will the new roof be built in season gradually to cover the elements?

They'll have most of the terracing in before starting the new roof. It looks like they're going to cut away the back sections of the roof (the steel, not the panels), so that they have room to join the tier together and complete the terracing.

The new roof will start being constructed once the towers are complete, the sky bar 'box' has been put in place, and the terracing has been completed.

About 2pm on Saturday just before the Fulham game.

Couldn’t get any further to the right as there was boarding after the gates.

Thanks.

So sometime between last week's flyover by ss skies, and Saturday, the sails have been removed. Kind of what I had been hoping to see when prompting people to check in on the mock-up from time to time.

Can't be arsed looking back now, but I did say I wouldn't be surprised if they were asked to make changes to that.

I'd guess that either the client or the planner would have asked them to have another go with the sails. Hopefully they at the very least get the face fixings tae fuck, sort out the edges, and colour match the frame. Then that's arguably not far off what was approved.

One to keep an eye on when they reappear on the mock-up.

Anyone else think builders don't get the credit they deserve?

There's kind of this reputation of Bob the builder on a building site with his arse hanging out, but it's such an important job where attention to detail and care is absolutely mandatory. Imagine the pressure of when they did the cable net transfer for example.

In comparison, I can barely hang a picture on my wall straight.

Anyone else think builders don't get the credit they deserve?

There's kind of this reputation of Bob the builder on a building site with his arse hanging out, but it's such an important job where attention to detail and care is absolutely mandatory. Imagine the pressure of when they did the cable net transfer for example.

In comparison, I can barely hang a picture on my wall straight.

Agree, and well said. I've tried to mention their efforts whenever I see it on the flyovers. Even working at those heights, in this weather etc. The cable connection platform was like the old shipyard cranes, and generally a lot of skill and stomach needed for all these works.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.