North Stand Construction Discussion

The Stadium is very good and the North stand expansion is definitely required
However it is showing signs of age
When you compare it to Spurs and Arsenal it’s miles behind however we fortunately have loads of land around the stadium where we could build a new one if and when the time comes
I personally hope it mirrors the North stand (roof line etc) which to me does look like an obvious extension
We will get it right we have the best owners full stop

If Madrid can clad around the spirals, so can City. TBF, the spirals are unique to the Etihad. I can’t think of another ground that has them in English football. Fire away.

They’re doing up the exterior at Real Madrid because the build is completely finished. We’re potentially going to expand both side stands in the future meaning that any new externals would have to be completely undone whenever any new work was undertaken. Who knows though…maybe we’ll consider the Etihad finished with the construction of the North Stand and so do it all up.

They’re doing up the exterior at Real Madrid because the build is completely finished. We’re potentially going to expand both side stands in the future meaning that any new externals would have to be completely undone whenever any new work was undertaken. Who knows though…maybe we’ll consider the Etihad finished with the construction of the North Stand and so do it all up.

I'm hoping we get a glimpse into the future with the NS application. They'd done the feasibility of the side stand expansions but there were only a couple of sketches. It would be good to see what the next stage could be. Wrapping the whole ground could create a much more attractive environment and a mix of indoor and outdoor space for people to enjoy. Football fans in England would happily get to the ground early and have a few drinks if prices were reasonable and there were plenty of options available. We'll see. I'm excited to see what the proposals are, and I'm sure they'll be fantastic. It would be good to know at some point if there are any transport improvement plans - that is key to the success of the whole area, although discussed to death on here.

Bernabeu was a tricky rebuild as they have a shopping mall built onto one side of the stadium and it is situated in a rather plush area of Madrid, not much room to manoeuvre with roads and buildings etc .

Bernabeu was a tricky rebuild as they have a shopping mall built onto one side of the stadium and it is situated in a rather plush area of Madrid, not much room to manoeuvre with roads and buildings etc .
As long as there's enough room for convoys of police vans , formations of riot police, packs of vicious police dogs, plenty of room to swirl a police baton. It really is the most unpleasant experience.

I appreciate you can’t compare City to Real Madrid, but what Real Madrid are doing with the Santiago Bernabéu is amazing. Forget the retractable roof because that won’t happen. But the redevelopment inside the ground, and more so the recladding of the exterior of the ground is some thing City should be looking at and trying to emulate at the Etihad.

View attachment 70465

View attachment 70466

View attachment 70467

View attachment 70468

View attachment 70469
Looking at that first pic and it looks like a tin of fucking tuna.
However the rest looks superb.

I believe such is the future the drugs sniffer dogs will have a dedicated block of their own indeed there is already a separate unit within the academy training pups using coaches from Mexico, El Salvador, Rhyl.

Hopefully the expanded North stand will have a totally different exterior and look about it, compared to all the other stands. And it can be carried on around the rest of the ground over time? If it’s similar to the North stand expansion, grey, with an industrial look, and plant showing at the top of the stand, that won’t be great. I have faith in the club and the snippets posted by other forum members that this will be something special or at least very good, and totally different to the stands we have. Fingers crossed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.