North Stand Construction Discussion

14th-17th March. Manchester City Council are there, but I would have thought the club would do a separate reveal, possibly beforehand.

Any more info on whether it's 2 or 3 tiered?
Everything points to 2 tiers but, as you know, the club and it’s advisers have kept matters very confidential.

Bear in mind that the NS extension is only one part of a very complex multi facility project involving many third parties.

The ‘ no boundaries ‘ philosophy in Abu Dhabi should see some very attractive outcomes.

Just look on line with what they are building on Saadiyat Island....remarkable !!

Everything points to 2 tiers but, as you know, the club and it’s advisers have kept matters very confidential.

Bear in mind that the NS extension is only one part of a very complex multi facility project involving many third parties.

The ‘ no boundaries ‘ philosophy in Abu Dhabi should see some very attractive outcomes.

Just look on line with what they are building on Saadiyat Island....remarkable !!

agreed & correct, two tier.

Anything those guys build is out of this world, the building will be first class and on time.

I know what they can do, but I see what they have done and that's make a lot of mistakes. They got the singing section in the expanded SS all wrong. The SS expansion looks okay and nothing more, and in general from the outside it's a pretty unattractive stadium. The Design and Access Statement from the extant permission showed the potential for lighting and displays on the externals which would transform the stadium, but nothing has come forwards. Hopefully that's just because they want everything in place first, and we'll see more ambition with his next stage. I recognise it's working to existing constraints so a difficult job, but I'm hoping there's some real wow factor to this design, which has been a bit lacking so far.

agreed & correct, two tier.

Anything those guys build is out of this world, the building will be first class and on time.

Let’s hope the finish and snagging is better than the South stand expansion. Which still hasn’t been sorted out. The whole lot inside could do with a refurb. The toilets would be a good start.

I appreciate you can’t compare City to Real Madrid, but what Real Madrid are doing with the Santiago Bernabéu is amazing. Forget the retractable roof because that won’t happen. But the redevelopment inside the ground, and more so the recladding of the exterior of the ground is some thing City should be looking at and trying to emulate at the Etihad.

C8AAF085-EF27-43D4-B521-DC091EE30A34.jpeg

BB01CD35-24E6-4EAF-A322-3706DD7D48A8.jpeg

B5962D0D-34B4-49A5-B935-31FE39733CD4.jpeg

1F1D2394-7CE7-46A2-BF5A-E2BB361178AD.jpeg

2342004F-B739-4156-AA74-18E0A3491EBB.jpeg

I appreciate you can’t compare City to Real Madrid, but what Real Madrid are doing with the Santiago Bernabéu is amazing. Forget the retractable roof because that won’t happen. But the redevelopment inside the ground, and more so the recladding of the exterior of the ground is some thing City should be looking at and trying to emulate at the Etihad.

View attachment 70465

View attachment 70466

View attachment 70467

View attachment 70468

View attachment 70469

I wouldn’t be surprised if we waited until the East and CB Stands were completed before we gave the stadium a new shell so to speak. Would be nice now, and would love to see with the NS plans, but they’d probably have to undo a lot of it if they ever decided to expand in future.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we waited until the East and CB Stands were completed before we gave the stadium a new shell so to speak. Would be nice now, and would love to see with the NS plans, but they’d probably have to undo a lot of it if they ever decided to expand in future.

If Madrid can clad around the spirals, so can City. TBF, the spirals are unique to the Etihad. I can’t think of another ground that has them in English football. Fire away.

I know what they can do, but I see what they have done and that's make a lot of mistakes. They got the singing section in the expanded SS all wrong. The SS expansion looks okay and nothing more, and in general from the outside it's a pretty unattractive stadium. The Design and Access Statement from the extant permission showed the potential for lighting and displays on the externals which would transform the stadium, but nothing has come forwards. Hopefully that's just because they want everything in place first, and we'll see more ambition with his next stage. I recognise it's working to existing constraints so a difficult job, but I'm hoping there's some real wow factor to this design, which has been a bit lacking so far.

My guess is the NS development will complement Coop Live or be part of an integrated design for that area as a destination attraction. It should be a big upgrade on the SS, as a place where fans will go, stay and spend money.

The SS was an expedient design to increase capacity. It was unlikely to be more because it houses away fans, who they want quickly n and out to avoid trouble and is furthest away from the trams.

Hopefully, the NS development will also trigger improvements to other parts of the stadium and outside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.