North Stand Construction Discussion

If it does happen, I hope they do a better job of the connecting roofs in the corners. The ones at the other end look very, er, "different".

If? It’s already announced! :)

Corners are temporary so it’s easier for them to do the sides.

Link not working for me, ia ot for anyone else?

Official announcement clearly imminent.

Where’s that link from?

So, what’s the new 2nd tier capacity going to be, taking into consideration the current 2nd tier capacity? 10K? More?

I don’t think I said I didn’t like the exterior of the South stand? I actually like the visible plant. That gives the stand a Northern industrial feel. A nice touch. I see plant quite often on the top of buildings when I take pictures from the top of car parks in the city centre. Home on First Street has some great plant. Saying that, I do find the exterior of the south stand quite oppressive, dull, and obviously grey. It doesn’t have any wow factor whatsoever, bar it’s height, and maybe the protruding cable supports.

I will be amazed if the North stand expansion is anything like the South stand expansion. I certainly don’t expect to see any plant, metal grills, etc. And I hope it isn’t as dull and as grey at the South stand.

I could be wrong, but regardless of the shape of the exterior of the expanded North stand, the roof could still look similar to the South stand roof, which is great as I like it, and it would still tie in with the overall symmetry of the Etihad stadium roof.

Hopefully we will find out this week or next week what the North stand expansion looks like?
External symmetry is vital. The ground is beautiful as it is so don't mess the long vistas up. I would just replicate the south stand inside but there's other priorities. However please no spurs wall. It's fucking shit. I've been there and it's myth.

External symmetry is vital. The ground is beautiful as it is so don't mess the long vistas up. I would just replicate the south stand inside but there's other priorities. However please no spurs wall. It's fucking shit. I've been there and it's myth.
Ive been as well when spurs do sing imo that wall behind the ground sounds louder than anything i have heard a in England. Keeping it like the south stand Is just giving up on ever improving the atmosphere this is our last chance

Last edited:
Spurs are loud as fuck when they get going. The stadium was designed to keep noise inside and their big tier behind the goal does help. The problem we have in England is that fans only sing when they want too. It’s not like Germany where they’ve got “ultras” singing all game. To be honest, I wouldn’t want that. I just want thousands of City fans in their own big end creating noise. Doesn’t have to be all the time, as long as the potential is there.

Ive been as well when spurs do sing imo that wall behind the ground sounds louder than anything i have heard a in England. Keeping it like the south stand Is just giving up on ever improving the atmosphere this is our last chance
They won't do it anyway. I'm just a summetry freak!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.