North Stand Construction Discussion

I think the outside will look symmetrical but two tier inside. The dream of an LED wrap will be a pipe one imo unfortunately as so much more is going to be done ie hotels, new superstore, new city square etc?
I sort of agree at least for the short to medium term. However surely a wrap can be done once expansions are complete surely the stadium needs it the owners will want a better looking stadium and surely it’s got great potential from a sponsorship point of view

I don’t think I said I didn’t like the exterior of the South stand? I actually like the visible plant. That gives the stand a Northern industrial feel. A nice touch. I see plant quite often on the top of buildings when I take pictures from the top of car parks in the city centre. Home on First Street has some great plant. Saying that, I do find the exterior of the south stand quite oppressive, dull, and obviously grey. It doesn’t have any wow factor whatsoever, bar it’s height, and maybe the protruding cable supports.

I will be amazed if the North stand expansion is anything like the South stand expansion. I certainly don’t expect to see any plant, metal grills, etc. And I hope it isn’t as dull and as grey at the South stand.

I could be wrong, but regardless of the shape of the exterior of the expanded North stand, the roof could still look similar to the South stand roof, which is great as I like it, and it would still tie in with the overall symmetry of the Etihad stadium roof.

Hopefully we will find out this week or next week what the North stand expansion looks like?
I still don’t understand what ur basing this idea on that it will or should be some how different to the other stand. The original plans had it the same. I appreciate this is not s new build or a full refurbishment but those stadiums tend to be symmetrical and so do lots of other buildings

Stadiums and buildings can looks really odd if not ugly if not symmetrical.

I can see the internals being different could even see some difference with the outside perhaps in relation to links to hotel shop new city square etc but I just don’t see the outside not having a lot of the same elements as the other stand in terms of glass grey etc. perhaps in time the outside will look more impressive be it through matching the main stands with the new stands or adding a wrap

I still don’t understand what ur basing this idea on that it will or should be some how different to the other stand. The original plans had it the same. I appreciate this is not s new build or a full refurbishment but those stadiums tend to be symmetrical and so do lots of other buildings

Stadiums and buildings can looks really odd if not ugly if not symmetrical.

I can see the internals being different could even see some difference with the outside perhaps in relation to links to hotel shop new city square etc but I just don’t see the outside not having a lot of the same elements as the other stand in terms of glass grey etc. perhaps in time the outside will look more impressive be it through matching the main stands with the new stands or adding a wrap
The outside will be different as it will include the new club store but think the basic grey industrial theme will remain with perhaps less panelling and more glass ?

Think this project being announced and what happens in the summer transfer wise will show how bullish the club are in seeing off the witch hunt from the premier league. You don’t announce massive infrastructure plans to extend the stadium if they believe they will be playing in the Northern Premier league and playing home games on a bit of grass in Platt Fields Park.

Think this project being announced and what happens in the summer transfer wise will show how bullish the club are in seeing off the witch hunt from the premier league. You don’t announce massive infrastructure plans to extend the stadium if they believe they will be playing in the Northern Premier league and playing home games on a bit of grass in Platt Fields Park.

It would be very typical city though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.