North Stand Construction Discussion

The link isn't working for me so not sure if its mentioned on there but it'll be interesting to see what happens with access up Joe Mercer Way whilst it's being built. I assume they'll have to have some way of getting through to the car parks at the bottom but if that fan park bit extends as far back as it looks on the pictures I'm not sure how.

The joys of public consultation with over-sketched "concept" images!
If this was really the only thought, we'd do consultation then, what, 3-4 months to prepare scheme drawings and other documentation suitable for planning. Minimum 13 weeks planning process (though the planning system is in chaos for most of us, so double that to 6 months), then, assuming consent is granted, await the judicial review period, then commision detailed design to enable construction to commence, a further 3 months min. So around 12 to 16 months to get on site in november this year, which is 9 months away...
This is already designed for planning at least and ready to go...

Looks great and look forward to seing it in the flesh...

We sit in the family stand second tier below one of the screens, looking at the drawing seems like we’re being left alone - unless they convert it to more hospitality.

Though suspect the family stand is being moved en masse anyway

but would people not have more positive or negative comments to make to the club if they seen the final design mate? We are bloody lucky as fans anyway with what the club are doing but i understand its the concept plans but imo it would have been better to show the actual proposed finish look to gauge what the club are aiming to achieve?
Plans will have already been drawn up in advance but we all know that with our relationship with MCC planning permission is a given plus the North side of the stadium does not impact residential areas or roads ! The concept drawings are just a taster while the consultancy dudildence takes place ! Exciting times !

One thing not mentioned, is the steeper gradient of the expanded second tier likely to mean a closure of the current NS2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.