North Stand Construction Discussion

Rather we don’t expand for now. I’d like to see us sell out week in week out (at least on weekends) before we dilute the attendance any further.

Smaller packed out stands are better than large stands pocked with empties.

We’ll get there - just rather we wait until that happens. Pre-emptive expansion makes little sense.

I hope we do go with this when we eventually decide to go ahead with it. I think our fanbase suits our capacity we’ve got at the minute. Unless the ticket pricing is lowered to bring back some of the old timers and newer generation, I don’t see the point in extending.

The North Stand would be closed for a good period of time during the construction if they did just go for a one tier stand. I’m no engineer, but I reckon the whole stand would have to be pretty much demolished. They will perhaps go ahead with a big second tier.
You mean like the millennium stadium?2l-image-14.jpg

Rather we don’t expand for now. I’d like to see us sell out week in week out (at least on weekends) before we dilute the attendance any further.

Smaller packed out stands are better than large stands pocked with empties.

We’ll get there - just rather we wait until that happens. Pre-emptive expansion makes little sense.

We don’t have the plastics like United and Liverpool have. Even Arsenal are suffering from empty seats at the Emirates. Only United and Liverpool can fill their stadiums for most home games. A few empty seats have started to appear at United of late.

What we do have is a solid and expanding hardcore of fans. The vast majority are low to middle income working class fans, with a small percentage of wealthy fans. We’ve also got a slowly growing fan base from outside Manchester. This is evident in PL games, and more so in CL games. We also get a lot of football tourists coming to watch City at weekend home matches

But we’ve lost a lot of local fans through season ticket and match day ticket price increases over the years (here jrb goes again), and through forced relocations inside the stadium on different occasions and throughout the years to make way for new corporate areas and seating. We need to get those fans back for a start. And also attract new local City fans with more cheaper season ticket and match day ticket prices. The games in the early rounds of the Carabao Cup, FA Cup, and CL group stages prove cheaper tickets do attract more local fans. Over the last few seasons we have had 50,000+ attendances for early round FA Cup games.

If the club expands the North Stand it has to somehow balance match day income with cheaper season tickets and match day tickets in an effort to attract those City fans that have walked away and City fans who are desperate to watch City, but are priced out at current season ticket and match day ticket prices. If City did that they could fill an expanded North Stand and a 60,000 capacity Etihad.

You mean like the millennium stadium?View attachment 43098

Building a split North Stand regardless of the lower or upper tier being bigger is pointless. It’s a bigger variation (either way) of what we‘ve already got. It will be like the Stretford End. It has to be a single tier like Dortmund, Spurs, Everton’s new ground, the KOP(spit), etc.

If you polled City fans almost the majority would vote for and want a large single tier North Stand.

1652401050306.jpeg

Last edited:
It's going to be 3 tiers of executive boxes, serving the finest canapes. The Blue Car Park will be reserved specifically for top of the range motors and drivers for the new breed of executive class City Fan. A Helipad is to be built where the Mercedes garage once stood and membership guarantees CL Final tickets.

The East Stand 1st Tier is to be converted in a giant electronic advertising display and the 3rd Stand of the South Stand conveted to the worlds biggest Jumbotron to show exclusive City clips to the Execs in the North.
Ahem……A friend wants to know how you can get tickets for these

I was promised a jet-pack in the early 60s by all the technology pundits of the time (when 'The Jetsons' were on tv).. if they expand our stand, I expect a jet-pack to be thrown in with my season card, to avoid problems coping with the stairs..
1970s Tomorrow’s World promised me I’d be having all my meals in pill form by now

imagine my disappointment?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.