North Stand Construction Discussion

I hope so - we are crying out for a proper home end. If we just copy the south stand and have three tiers I think that would be a bad decision. We’d basically just have a copy of arsenals ground.

if the tickets are affordable we’d easily sell out. If they are the same prices as now it would be pointless, as we wouldn’t sell out.

the alternative for me would be to merge south stand level 1 and 2, but that’s never going to happen ..

Last edited:
For 1 match a season against Arsenal. For the rest of the season the Spurs fans in it don’t do it justice. But yes, a comparable stand where the North Stand is now is a must. But how long have we been saying that and still nothing. Even with Pep here, and Haaland coming, the club has reduced capacity at the Etihad, not increased it.
Exactly, made me laugh last night when that gruesome twosome of Tyler and Neville described it as the best atmosphere this season. It was a one off against their local rivals in a fight for fourth spot, the rest of Spurs 's home matches will be just as quiet as every other prem ground, sorry bar Anfield of course which is rocking from minute 1 to 90 ( sorry scousers, if you were offended by that)

Exactly, made me laugh last night when that gruesome twosome of Tyler and Neville described it as the best atmosphere this season. It was a one off against their local rivals in a fight for fourth spot, the rest of Spurs 's home matches will be just as quiet as every other prem ground, sorry bar Anfield of course which is rocking from minute 1 to 90 ( sorry scousers, if you were offended by that)
Oh, they will have been offended!!

£100 season tickets and you will fill it.
If that is what it takes no wonder they are not doing it.

There will be a drop in fans if the new parking restrictions come in, so I reckon it is at least 5 years down the line to wait and see how the arena affects things and what demand is like with no road parking available.

Very much doubt it will be 1 tier, as I don't see how they can do it without closing an end, I expect 2 tiers, and that's fine. Having 1 tier doesn't make an atmosphere, there are plenty of stadiums that have a good atmosphere without a single tier stand.

If that is what it takes no wonder they are not doing it.

There will be a drop in fans if the new parking restrictions come in, so I reckon it is at least 5 years down the line to wait and see how the arena affects things and what demand is like with no road parking available.
Totally agree about the parking, no idea what I’m going to do, bloody queue for metro link is mad, many of the stewards who work match day park around Brisco lane and there are limited parking spots for them at the stadium so that will be another headache for City, staff need to park somewhere and that will take more car parking space up from fans. Charging people £10 to park is a pisstake as well, £5 max for a couple of hours is what it should be. Should be fun when the new arena is up and running and we have a midweek match!

We don’t have the plastics like United and Liverpool have. Even Arsenal are suffering from empty seats at the Emirates. Only United and Liverpool can fill their stadiums for most home games. A few empty seats have started to appear at United of late.

What we do have is a solid and expanding hardcore of fans. The vast majority are low to middle income working class fans, with a small percentage of wealthy fans. We’ve also got a slowly growing fan base from outside Manchester. This is evident in PL games, and more so in CL games. We also get a lot of football tourists coming to watch City at weekend home matches

But we’ve lost a lot of local fans through season ticket and match day ticket price increases over the years (here jrb goes again), and through forced relocations inside the stadium on different occasions and throughout the years to make way for new corporate areas and seating. We need to get those fans back for a start. And also attract new local City fans with more cheaper season ticket and match day ticket prices. The games in the early rounds of the Carabao Cup, FA Cup, and CL group stages prove cheaper tickets do attract more local fans. Over the last few seasons we have had 50,000+ attendances for early round FA Cup games.

If the club expands the North Stand it has to somehow balance match day income with cheaper season tickets and match day tickets in an effort to attract those City fans that have walked away and City fans who are desperate to watch City, but are priced out at current season ticket and match day ticket prices. If City did that they could fill an expanded North Stand and a 60,000 capacity Etihad.
Absolutely nailed it jrb.

Spot on. Surely for the benefit of atmosphere and to help the hospitality become more attractive they should do a single tier (with a proper sound retaining roof) and make it as cheap as possible.

The missing fans, once in the ground, would spend on booze and food and make good revenue for the club.

But it feels like they'd rather milk what they have at the expense of a full stadium.

This must be the first thing fan groups say to the club, but nothing has changed.

10,000 x 350 is 3.5m. 5000 x 700 is the same.... and I'm not convinced the club will deliver what we want from this stand.
A single tier is undoubtedly the way to go, if only to replicate in some way what we had with the Kippax. Dortmund don't seem to fair that badly.

1652428487833.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.