North Stand Construction Discussion

The second tier of the new North Stand being one area instead of two is great but a way should be found to make it one stand, no tiers at all. I'm in the South stand lower and I can't hear anything that is being sung above me at games. That's still going to be the problem in the new stand.

Sly stone from rag central
The Etihad Stadium is already the fifth biggest stadium in the Premier League but there is a gap of almost 7,000 from City to Arsenal, who are fourth on the list with 60,704.
In 2021-22, City’s matchday revenue was £54m, significantly behind Arsenal's 80 m
Aren't tickets a lot more expensive at arsenal ?
They are but they also have a lot more corporate seats, being in London must help enormously with that. Are there any corporate areas included in the NS expansion? I can't see any myself.

I thought the idea was to keep the away fans near the singing section to play off each other?
I’m not sure that’s a thing really, in fact I think the opposite could be true. When away fans sing then a whole stand at the opposite ends only riposte is to sing back louder, instead of just turning to them and half the fans just shouting and gesturing at them.

Point must have already been made but my immediate thought is that if their expanding the stadium the owners don’t seem too concerned about the Cartels attempts to harm us.
The cartel clubs are playing catch up with the FFP charges the last chance to slow us down. The stadium expansion is a show of confidence.

My take is that I suspect that City do not wish to damage the PL product by openly confronting the cartel so continue to do things a different way. The way PL revenues have grown massively, with City's now the highest in the world, show how we have benefitted and why we are protecting our interest?

They are but they also have a lot more corporate seats, being in London must help enormously with that. Are there any corporate areas included in the NS expansion? I can't see any myself.
There seems to be something right at the top on the drawings, whether thats boxes or restaurant not sure

I still don’t understand what ur basing this idea on that it will or should be some how different to the other stand. The original plans had it the same. I appreciate this is not s new build or a full refurbishment but those stadiums tend to be symmetrical and so do lots of other buildings

Stadiums and buildings can looks really odd if not ugly if not symmetrical.

I can see the internals being different could even see some difference with the outside perhaps in relation to links to hotel shop new city square etc but I just don’t see the outside not having a lot of the same elements as the other stand in terms of glass grey etc. perhaps in time the outside will look more impressive be it through matching the main stands with the new stands or adding a wrap

Symmetrical bowl stadiums are so early 2000s and make most stadiums look near identical. I love the idea of one stand being a focal point like they have in a number of NFL and MLB stadiums. It gives a bit more of a unique feel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.