North Stand Construction Discussion

Ultimately I'm very sceptical about the process, having worked in planning. The most vocal people are those that object. So you show them as little as possible to keep them quiet. Those that will actually use the space/place or buy the houses don't attend the events or comment generally. If you have to change a design to get planning then that's what you have to do. The stack takes a hit and you try to recover that some other way.

Regardless of that, City have probably just not got everything together yet. Looking at timings, they need to get a move on with that planning application. So they're probably finalising everything for that process more than looking to hide the detail from us. As has been said, these guys know how to build projects with a wow factor, and they'll be looking for the building and public realm to be state of the art in order to create a year round venue that gets people to the area spending their money. I don't think we need to worry about the design from that perspective.

As per your other post, I agree that the stadium bowl aesthetic isn't really "lost" by these proposals. You'll get that context from the other angles of the ground where it's more important and as I've said before, you need to feel you're at a purpose built leisure/retail space and not just hanging around a football ground which is why I think this design works quite well. I await the DAS and supporting design images/options to see what else they explored and those other views. I'm sure they'll have done a visual impact to show the before and after and then we can make an informed comment.

I always go to the DAS first. Most of everything you need to know is always in there. The Verified Views are always interesting, showing how the proposal will impact on the surrounding area. There were quite a few Verified Views of the South stand expansion in the planning application from what I remember .

I always go to the DAS first. Most of everything you need to know is always in there. The Verified Views are always interesting, showing how the proposal will impact on the surrounding area. There were quite a few Verified Views of the South stand expansion in the planning application from what I remember .

Yes there were mate. They issued some good external and internal CGI's last time to support the exhibition/consultation. Bit strange they haven't this time around, particularly as some have circulated (so they exist)!

Waiting to do the it as the plans are passed for approval IWI and then blows away with it, consultation period my arse their just ging through the necessary protocols that have to be seen to be done ! Does anybody really think that every person that proposes something different to the the plans is going to be listen to ??? Unlike the South Stand their is no problem with the proximity of residential housing or major roads so planning application with be a formality!

Waiting to do the it as the plans are passed for approval IWI and then blows away with it, consultation period my arse their just ging through the necessary protocols that have to be seen to be done ! Does anybody really think that every person that proposes something different to the the plans is going to be listen to ??? Unlike the South Stand their is no problem with the proximity of residential housing or major roads so planning application with be a formality!

Let's wait and see.

Huge demand and support for safe standing and a singing section on level 2.

If the club put both of those on level 1 they haven't listened to the fans.

Also flags and banners hanging from level 2 instead of digital flags.

Let's wait and see.

Huge demand and support for safe standing and a singing section on level 2.

If the club put both of those on level 1 they haven't listened to the fans.

Also flags and banners hanging from level 2 instead of digital flags.
You are probably right but we don't acually know what the demand is, hopefully they will publish the results of the consultation. Though I was quite surprised the response to the original feasibility was quite low. 434 responses. Hopefully more will respond to to the consultation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.