North Stand Construction Discussion

That looks similar to "The Point" at Lancashire cricket ground.

4D8BDBBC-E1BC-4191-8708-2637528B82AF.jpeg

04-FE7-EF6-2-B78-4540-ADE5-1-F25133405-A5.webp

Completely clueless tbh. Couldn’t be more wrong about the roof which is supported in exactly the same way as the new south stand roof. The design is completely independent of the old cable net. Having a standard roof support design different to the rest of the stadium would be terrible.

It looks like 2 levels of them above City square, I can't tell if both levels continue through to the pitch side although the windows look high enough. Presumably it's linked to the hotel, perhaps a pricey corporate area?
I’d be amazed if the hotel didn’t have a restaurant which looks out over the pitch.

Aside from match days, I think they’ll be offering packages for the corporate market where hotel guests have their conference at the ground or hotel, have a dinner overlooking the stadium in the evening, followed by a tour of the museum and trophy room, and then maybe even an event at the Co-op.

Would go down an absolute storm.

Definitely looks like a sky view platform from the top/back of the stand with views over the stadium and City Square.

It’s obviously going to be a new hospitality offering maybe linked in to the hotel, although perhaps this could form part of the stadium tour as well.

I’ve already stated the club have delivered ‘what the fans wanted’. The club could have quite easily released more detailed CGI’s of the proposal. They have them.

I’ve been to numerous public consultations over the years where that has been done.

The club are asking fans for important feedback on the back of basic drawings with little or no detail.

There's too much money on this for the club to carry out meaningful engagement mate. Why spend the money on all of those visuals just to give people more to look at and therefore comment negatively on. Better to go through this process, tick the box and then finalise and submit with all the visual information. Design is subjective anyway, and due to the location of the stadium it's not hugely concerning what it looks like. It's the function of it and wider public realm design and benefits that are of interest, plus the impacts which need to be fully assessed. That holds the key to planning permission.

I know we've had this conversation before, but you do whatever it takes to get planning and 99% of the time giving the public sketch images is the best way to go. That creates the perception that things aren't fixed and you're willing to make changes. But that's rarely the case. City aren't going to let people derail their proposals by giving too much information at this stage. It's more about the principle. The main issue is transport. Design could always be better, but generally you're fixed to the constraints/costs you have.

I know you mentioned schemes where they did fully engage but that was because they had to in order to get planning. If they didn't change the design they weren't getting permission so it was forced on them. No developer willingly allows the public to influence proposals unless they have to, because 99% of the time the suggestions cost more money!

There's too much money on this for the club to carry out meaningful engagement mate. Why spend the money on all of those visuals just to give people more to look at and therefore comment negatively on. Better to go through this process, tick the box and then finalise and submit with all the visual information. Design is subjective anyway, and due to the location of the stadium it's not hugely concerning what it looks like. It's the function of it and wider public realm design and benefits that are of interest, plus the impacts which need to be fully assessed. That holds the key to planning permission.

I know we've had this conversation before, but you do whatever it takes to get planning and 99% of the time giving the public sketch images is the best way to go. That creates the perception that things aren't fixed and you're willing to make changes. But that's rarely the case. City aren't going to let people derail their proposals by giving too much information at this stage. It's more about the principle. The main issue is transport. Design could always be better, but generally you're fixed to the constraints/costs you have.

I know you mentioned schemes where they did fully engage but that was because they had to in order to get planning. If they didn't change the design they weren't getting permission so it was forced on them. No developer willingly allows the public to influence proposals unless they have to, because 99% of the time the suggestions cost more money!
Supercity you are spot on, but you don't want a carbuncle building

Definitely looks like a sky view platform from the top/back of the stand with views over the stadium and City Square.

It’s obviously going to be a new hospitality offering maybe linked in to the hotel, although perhaps this could form part of the stadium tour as well.

Looking out of the sky viewing platform windows at the back of L2, wishing they were in the singing section on L2.(hopefully)

1678105661245.gif

Could be a whole level for corporate from the back of the stand/windows, see above CGI, to back of L2 looking out over the stadium and pitch? You’d assume this level would be accessible from the hotel? In the CGI you can see 2 separate levels looking back over the plaza. Under the bottom level you can see the front glazing for the new City plaza.

Level 2.
Level 1.
Glazing for the City plaza below.
Steel, cladding or glazing above the entrance to City Plaza.
Yes, that's deeper on the exterior view than I thought, perhaps an open balcony (below the 2 visible rows of windows) above City Square at the very least.

Completely clueless tbh. Couldn’t be more wrong about the roof which is supported in exactly the same way as the new south stand roof. The design is completely independent of the old cable net. Having a standard roof support design different to the rest of the stadium would be terrible.
I have no idea why Lex decided to screenshot a post from another forum and then post another which explained why the original poster was talking crap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.