North Stand Construction Discussion

I’ve read the consultation documents, and aside from the transport links, everything looks fantastic.

Sadly, the club remain convinced that post-match, everyone prefers to travel back into the city centre, when in reality, (especially for midweek matches) the vast majority just want to get home as soon as possible

The 192 Bus Route boasts an underused park and ride hub in Hazel Grove with plenty of car parking space, and all that’s required is a few double decker buses, outside the ETIHAD, pointing away from the city centre, and towards Stockport and beyond.

I’m beginning to feel like Tim Robins in the Shawshank Redemption as I’ve been posting the same comment on every questionnaire since the last stadium increase. Perhaps one day the club will buckle and start providing buses for those who live in the Grove and the shires

Who knows?
It might even take cars off the road or is that too radical?

Last edited:
I'm having trouble picturing the size of the hotel. I know it's built into the stand but how does it compare to something like hotel football at the swamp?

The cricket ground also has 2 hotels now and there are a couple around the quays so I think people expecting the Etihad hotel to be only utilised on match days are being a little short sighted.

Naming the new stand the Trautmann stand would be appropriate as it'll be full of Bert's. Not sure how I would feel if it was called the Kippax but something iconic like the holt end, the kop, or the Stretford end is needed in my opinion

I'm having trouble picturing the size of the hotel. I know it's built into the stand but how does it compare to something like hotel football at the swamp?

The cricket ground also has 2 hotels now and there are a couple around the quays so I think people expecting the Etihad hotel to be only utilised on match days are being a little short sighted.

Naming the new stand the Trautmann stand would be appropriate as it'll be full of Bert's. Not sure how I would feel if it was called the Kippax but something iconic like the holt end, the kop, or the Stretford end is needed in my opinion
The North Wall !!!!

Going back to hotels, leisure destinations, etc creeping ever closer to the Etihad, and making the taxi, bus and walk back into town after the match for a drink and food that bit closer and quicker.

Place North West.

The creative team behind Ramona and Firehouse will transform a 250,000 sq ft industrial space into a 5,000-capacity venue, set to boast the city’s largest beer garden.

Located between Manchester’s Store Street and Ducie Street, A Very Inc’s revamp of the former Presbar Diecasting Foundry was initially unveiled in February last year, with hopes to boost the region’s leisure provision to serve its growing population. The plans were approved in June.

The first phase of the Preston-based developer’s creative neighbourhood will open this summer. It will boast a variety of food and drink offerings: House of Daiquiri, Rum Town, NeoPan Pizzeria, and the open-air BBQ Kitchen.

C9032F1D-EE9D-4AEF-A216-F8FAC84B5F5E.jpeg

Then again, with a 3000 capacity indoor fanzone with numerous food and drink outlets, a hotel next door, is there any need to rush back into town after the match?

And over 30 bars and restaurants at the Coop Live Arena.

Long term I’d like to see City invest in their own micro-brewery onsite, like Spurs have done with Beavertown, which is a really good pint and brewed onsite at the new Spurs stadium.

JUMP STUDIOS - A POPULOUS COMPANY​

The Beavertown Tottenham Taproom and Microbrewery are located in the south-east corner of Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, alongside The Market Place fan zone and within the expansive five-storey South Stand atrium. The brief for this project was to create a space that encapsulated the club’s ambition to innovate at its new home, pushing the boundaries of design in every aspect and offering unique matchday experiences for every fan.

249DB9E0-5AD9-4E65-B1F2-13C99472D4E4.jpeg

DCA2ED05-8FA4-4AF7-9384-3F772DDF19F5.jpeg

1F68C202-1BB6-4AB1-AC92-E3369333057A.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve read the consultation documents, and aside from the transport links, everything looks fantastic.

Sadly, the club remain convinced that post-match, everyone prefers to travel back into the city centre, when in reality, (especially for midweek matches) the vast majority just want to get home as soon as possible

The 192 Bus Route boasts an underused park and ride hub in Hazel Grove with plenty of car parking space, and all that’s required is a few double decker buses pointing away from the city centre, and towards Stockport and beyond.

I’m beginning to feel like Tim Robins in the Shawshank Redemption as I’ve been posting the same comment on every questionnaire since the last stadium increase. Perhaps one day the club will buckle and start providing buses for those who live in the Grove and the shires

Who knows?
It might even take cars off the road or is that too radical?
The 192 departing Piccadilly Gardens at 2.20am of a weekend. Now that was a journey to conjure with…

(Great post btw)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.