North Stand Construction Discussion

I always liked it when the ground was referred to as 'Eastlands' back in the day. It was much better then 'COMS' or 'Etihad'...had an air of menace to it. So maybe an 'Eastlands End'?' 'We are the Eastlands!' sounds good to me.
Calling the North stand the 'Eastlands stand' is just going to confuse a lot of folk.

That's right. The late 192 bus was an unforgettable, and occasionally frightening experience.

Hopefully, a few buses could operate straight from the stadium to Stockport and then the Hazel Grove Park and Ride. However, such a simple solution should have been implemented when the capacity was increased to 54,000, so I won't hold my breath.
The memories….192 all nighter could often get “interesting” going through Longsight. Can remember one night my gf (now Mrs) and me having keep lifting our feet up as a great puddle of piss ran up and down the bus as it accelerated/braked !

I’ve read the consultation documents, and aside from the transport links, everything looks fantastic.

Sadly, the club remain convinced that post-match, everyone prefers to travel back into the city centre, when in reality, (especially for midweek matches) the vast majority just want to get home as soon as possible

The 192 Bus Route boasts an underused park and ride hub in Hazel Grove with plenty of car parking space, and all that’s required is a few double decker buses, outside the ETIHAD, pointing away from the city centre, and towards Stockport and beyond.

I’m beginning to feel like Tim Robins in the Shawshank Redemption as I’ve been posting the same comment on every questionnaire since the last stadium increase. Perhaps one day the club will buckle and start providing buses for those who live in the Grove and the shires

Who knows?
It might even take cars off the road or is that too radical?
Here's a map City & Manchester Council... GMPTE etc.

carte

Now, choose 8 routes. Let's say towards:

1. City centre/Salford (& via Metrolink)
2. Failsworth & Oldham
3. Ashton-Under-Lyne (& via Metrolink)
4. Ashburys, Belle Vue & Gorton
5. Levenshulme, Stockport
6. Stretford (& via Metrolink)
7. Prestwich & Whitefield (& via Metrolink)
8. My house via pubs.

Slap on buses to get fans out and away from the ground to sites that have park and ride, rail, Metrolink interchanges and decrease the pressure on the local stadium traffic.

Create a monorail system to orbit Manchester.

The memories….192 all nighter could often get “interesting” going through Longsight. Can remember one night my gf (now Mrs) and me having keep lifting our feet up as a great puddle of piss ran up and down the bus as it accelerated/braked !
Ah we once moved downstairs on a 192 nightbus as some kids were setting fire to each other and the seats.

Eventually they started throwing seats down the stairs, blocking them. Then set fire to them.

About 30 seconds later they started screaming when they realised they’d trapped themselves upstairs on a burning bus.

HOTEL(s) -
Is it certain that the hotel is attached to the ground and part of the City Square fan zone ?

I was told that it was to be located on the east side of the stadium with road frontage, opposite the road to the Velodrome.

The assumed location seems,at face value, to be odd....no vehicular access or parking ( deliveries,taxis,guests etc ), matchday congestion,noise etc, and it seems to be a rather odd design.

What I was originally told may well have subsequently changed but it does seem a more logical location.

Thoughts ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.