North Stand Construction Discussion

Why 9320? Why not the Sergio Aguero Stand?
The North Stand is the end where arguably the biggest goal in English league football history was scored, on 93.20 on the clock. I think The 93.20 Stand would be a really fitting name for it.

For me 93.20 isn’t just about that moment and goal or even the great Kun Agüero himself; it’s bigger than all that, it was about 44 years without the title, having suffered for a few decades of Rag dominance and then having a title run-in with them, beating our rivals to the title in the dying seconds, it’s also about the whole team and Mancini’s efforts across that entire season to get to that point, being 8 points behind in the title-race with 5 games to go, Yaya’s performances against United and Newcastle, Kompany’s header, Zaba and Džeko’s goals against QPR, de Jong and Balotelli’s involvement in the goal, the whole pitch invasions and celebration all Summer after it…

The North Stand is the end where arguably the biggest goal in English league football history was scored, on 93.20 on the clock. I think The 93.20 Stand would be a really fitting name for it.

For me 93.20 isn’t just about that moment and goal or even the great Kun Agüero himself; it’s bigger than all that, it was about 44 years without the title, having suffered for a few decades of Rag dominance and then having a title run-in with them, beating our rivals to the title in the dying seconds, it’s also about the whole team and Mancini’s efforts across that entire season to get to that point, being 8 points behind in the title-race with 5 games to go, Yaya’s performances against United and Newcastle, Kompany’s header, Zaba and Džeko’s goals against QPR, de Jong and Balotelli’s involvement in the goal, the whole pitch invasions and celebration all Summer after it…
If it does go to a fans vote City should attach that last paragraph as the reason to vote for 93:20

Spot on.

Did the FArce fine us for that one as they did last seasons? Or was last season just another FArcical attempt to screw money out of us?

I live quite close to Shepley Drive

The Park and Ride was designed around 2017 and situated at the end of the 192 Route, roughly 200 metres past the Rising Sun on Macclesfield Road.

In theory it's a good idea because commuters from South of Hazel Grove can park their car and catch the 192 into Manchester. However, the car park never seems more than 10% full, despite a bus running every 15 minutes.
I've always believed that a football supporters bus, travelling straight to the ETIHAD, would benefit hundreds of City supporters (especially after the match). However, it's such an obvious idea that I presume there must be something stopping it from happening.
Is the obvious idea not that no one would use it, like no one uses the park and ride into town?

The A6 is an absolute nightmare, especially on a bus.

Because 9320 encapsulates the goal, the players, the season, the fans and getting one over the scum - rather just one player.
I think "93.20" is a bit of a niche thing among City fans.

It's more widely known as "the Aguero goal" or "the Aguero moment" or "Aguerooooo".

Seen as he's our top scorer ever, and the fact his name will forever be associated with that moment, The Sergio Aguero Stand is definitely fitting.

I think "93.20" is a bit of a niche thing among City fans.

It's more widely known as "the Aguero goal" or "the Aguero moment" or "Aguerooooo".

Seen as he's our top scorer ever, and the fact his name will forever be associated with that moment, The Sergio Aguero Stand is definitely fitting.
Kun end

Isn't there already a 93:20 corporate area in the ground?

Stands are normally named after players or managers, not a moment in time. Admittedly it was a very important moment in time in the clubs history.

Obviously I can't prove it, but if you asked a cross section of City fans, I'm sure the majority would pick the Sergio Aguero stand over the 93:20 stand. Maybe not?

Ideally the club will give the fans 4 naming stand options to choose from.

The club may even stick with the North stand, which to be honest is boring.

The new home end stand needs an identity that resonates with the fans.

For me that should be the Sergio Aguero stand or the Kippax stand.(even though the Kippax name has nothing to do with the Etihad)
93.20 for me...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.