North Stand Construction Discussion

It might start in September though, I'm just passing on the info I was given.
It's all geared to be completed for the shared 2028 Euros of which we were one of the stadium provisionally listed ! Would give us at least 18 months to iron out any issues and tidy the rest of the perimeters up ! Would be great if we were the chosen one for the North West instead of that dump across town !

It would be great for those of us that come in on the M56, if there was a park and ride at Manchester Airport. Regular service, about 20 mins and very handy for night games. Heald Green could be an option if there was plenty of parking.

if does happen it won’t be in my lifetime. Which is pretty sh*t as I was looking forward to seeing HS2 arrive and all the redevelopment it would bring to Piccadilly Station and the surrounding area.

On a more cheerful note. :-)

Just bought a Canon 2000D DSLR camera + EF-S 18-55mm IS II compact zoom lens (JL mark down) And a Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM zoom lens. (which I bought from a charity shop for £50 :-) )

I’m ready for redevelopment and construction of the North Stand to begin.

Keeping my trusted, much loved and battered compact Sony RX100 - 3. Great for taking pictures in tight spaces, through fences, through gates, over hoardings, etc.
Martin Edwards likes this post

I thought bullocks ran a coach from the hazel grove to the etihad?

There’s also a decent train service to town as well. I usually drive through gorton/ reddish and it’s normally a quick drive home.

I’ moved to offerton/ border of hazel grove and yes there are city fans, but there’s a lot of county fans as well. I wouldn’t say it’s a city populated as somewhere like cheadle or Heald green.

Not many people use the park and ride as it is.I think that’s because of the location and the fact it can take a long time to get to town from there
I think you've slightly misunderstood my original point as I'm talking about post.match.and not necessarily for the Hazel Grove population

To me the answer to another transport connection for the Etihad etc, lies with the railway line that runs parallel to the MCR Regional Athletics Stadium next to the Etihad. Perhaps it would be possible to build a station next to the Ashton Road Railway Bridge or further along.
I don’t even know if this line is even open but there’s tracks there that clearly run North and South.
North looks to connect with a line that eventually runs into MCR Victoria or just heads further North, and perhaps the South route could even be connected back to Piccadily as there’s a disused Viaduct near the West Coast line that once would’ve let it do so. It could even be linked Southwards on the West Coast line too perhaps.
This line could be used by trams or simply just a new passenger train connection that would effectively give East Manchester a new railway loop connecting both the Stadium and Arena with both major MCR stations or beyond.
Job done? Perhaps at minimal cost too because the infrastructure is clearly already there.

It would be great for those of us that come in on the M56, if there was a park and ride at Manchester Airport. Regular service, about 20 mins and very handy for night games. Heald Green could be an option if there was plenty of parking.

M56, onto M60, come off at Jn 6 for Sale Water Park. Big car park and Metrolink Station, get's you to Cornbrook. Change for a tram to the Etihad.

Sorted.

Could link it direct to the dock in Liverpool from where the Titanic once sailed.
Mancunian bound people or traded goods don't dock in Liverpool anymore since they started putting up the prices to store the cotton from the fields in America. That's why the ship canal was built and why there is tension between scousers and manc's.

Edit; wasn't the Titanic built at Haarland and Wolff in Belfast.

To me the answer to another transport connection for the Etihad etc, lies with the railway line that runs parallel to the MCR Regional Athletics Stadium next to the Etihad. Perhaps it would be possible to build a station next to the Ashton Road Railway Bridge or further along.
I don’t even know if this line is even open but there’s tracks there that clearly run North and South.
North looks to connect with a line that eventually runs into MCR Victoria or just heads further North, and perhaps the South route could even be connected back to Piccadily as there’s a disused Viaduct near the West Coast line that once would’ve let it do so. It could even be linked Southwards on the West Coast line too perhaps.
This line could be used by trams or simply just a new passenger train connection that would effectively give East Manchester a new railway loop connecting both the Stadium and Arena with both major MCR stations or beyond.
Job done? Perhaps at minimal cost too because the infrastructure is clearly already there.
So why has this 'solution' been ignored ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.