North Stand Construction Discussion

More a better planned service. A siding like at Crumpsall could have a couple of double units stacked up with double units put into service to cover the Town Centre - Ashton line during match days, event days. They used to double up on the Bury line for events at NYNEX. Each double unit moves 400 people. It needs planning and that's not something Metrolink seem to think about. But not to difficult as you know when and how many are going to turn up.

Going out alternate services go into the siding and return to the City Centre so instead of a 12 minute service to the ground you get a 6 minute service noon to 3pm. That's at least 4000 people per hour for those 3 hours nearly 25% of the ground.

It can be done, and would be cheaper than a monorail
Offer your services as a consultant to metrolink. What's the worst that can happen?

A Monorail Metro would’ve been a better option to what we now have serving the Etihad which is appallingly inefficient and lacks the flexibility to provide a mass transport system to and from 1 destination, for 6 hours,30 times a year.

Maybe, but if I was a girl I'd be called Mary, though I suppose I can now anyway.

We dealt with what we had and there was no need for anything different in 2002. Though just because it's always been done that way doesn't mean it always should.

A Monorail Metro would’ve been a better option to what we now have serving the Etihad which is appallingly inefficient and lacks the flexibility to provide a mass transport system to and from 1 destination, for 6 hours,30 times a year.
How does it work currently? I presume everyone is squashed in like sardines and as someone else wrote...their is one every 12 minutes. That's not very good when 55,000 people leave a stadium. Surely it needs to be one every 3 minutes like the tube in London.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.