North Stand Construction Discussion

I stand corrected it’s only a partial roof mate which covers the stands, but it seems daft in this country that no stadium does given our weather! Why would Madrid need one they have fantastic weather!
I think there is a partial retractable roof at Wembley which can be retracted to let the sunlight get to the pitch but then protects fans from the elements on match days, but I can’t be bothered to Google it.
Whatever is there is there

I still hope they get to build the Herzog and de Meuron brick and iron stadium.

Chelsea-Stadium_Herzog-and-de-Meuron_dezeen_sq.jpg

1449075831492180008f70c8b76c305496467b84337a0.jpg
I've not seen the ground level view before, that is pretty impressive. I do hate the aerial view though.

I stand corrected it’s only a partial roof mate which covers the stands, but it seems daft in this country that no stadium does given our weather! Why would Madrid need one they have fantastic weather!
Madrid's weather isn't really that great. If I remember correctly the locals refer to it as 9 months of winter and 3 months of hell (or something similar). An overstatement of course but it really isn't as pleasant as many think.

It would be one of the best looking stadiums in the world if the proposal happened.

Click on the link for more CGI’s and information about the proposal. Click the + to get that information.

View attachment 72296

Looks hugely impressive (as all proposals should do) but I can't fathom logistically how this gets planning permission.

The pictures make it seem like the current Stamford Bridge stadium has acres of space, whilst in reality its located in an extremely dense populated area of London.

People could cite well Madrid have managed it but the club are very much intertwined politically in the Spanish capital. Chelsea don't have this weight within their local borough let alone the city of London.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.