North Stand Construction Discussion

Looks hugely impressive (as all proposals should do) but I can't fathom logistically how this gets planning permission.

The pictures make it seem like the current Stamford Bridge stadium has acres of space, whilst in reality its located in an extremely dense populated area of London.

People could cite well Madrid have managed it but the club are very much intertwined politically in the Spanish capital. Chelsea don't have this weight within their local borough let alone the city of London.

The planning permission has expired.

Roman Abramovich never took the stadium redevelopment forward for obvious reasons.

The whole ground will be wrapped when the whole of the NS etc is completed.

There are NO discussions regarding E & W stand expansion.

I find it hard to believe that they wouldn’t eventually expand both side stands and putting a wrap around the stadium without them being extended makes no sense to me.

Design is not my thing so this might well be impractical but with the room at the side of the pitch especially I did wonder if they could dig down and drop the pitch 5 or 10 metres to get a lot more first tier seats in because our first tier is not that big and would be really good seats.
Be cheaper too I imagine.
Anyone think that might be possible?

Disappointing concerning the E&W stands. Any idea what's occurring with the cable net system then? Are they not replacing their roofs at least and losing the cable net?

Design is not my thing so this might well be impractical but with the room at the side of the pitch especially I did wonder if they could dig down and drop the pitch 5 or 10 metres to get a lot more first tier seats in because our first tier is not that big and would be really good seats.
Be cheaper too I imagine.
Anyone think that might be possible?
The pitch is already below ground level, I highly doubt that's possible. That's ignoring the mine workings BTW.

The concrete spirals internally and externally are looking very dirty.
Went this morning with my 3 year old grandson. Looks proper rough now on the outside but he was desperate to go in! He remembered from the Watford game last season.

Reactions: jrb
Disappointing concerning the E&W stands. Any idea what's occurring with the cable net system then? Are they not replacing their roofs at least and losing the cable net?

They won’t get rid of the cable net without doing over the whole stands. There’s zero benefit to losing the
cable net without expanding and it’s a gigantic construction job itself. If they don’t expand the sides then they’ll just replace the roof panels if desperate.

Just had a thought.

The club could use the Coop Live webcam as it will give a great view of the North stand expansion. The webcam does need moving over to the left more. It’s currently positioned mainly overlooking the Coop Live Arena.I’ve enlarged the webcam screengrab to the left, so it shows more of the North stand.

View attachment 72208

We can watch the endless queues for the Metrolink too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.