North Stand Construction Discussion

All here mate. Another fly through, more CGI's, etc.

This is what I thought we'd get when the club released details of the North stand expansion proposal.

A very slick presentation by Villa.

I hope City do something similar rather than just submitting a planning application and us having trawl through it.

Cheers, I think I see it now but it looks like what we used to call "outside" with about half a dozen food carts. That can't be it surely? Along with the "academy" (presumably they have other pitches somewhere because that's a bad joke otherwise) it looks like they just want more in the ground and have done the absolute minimum outside.

The concept is similar to ours, but I would assume much smaller in size and in capacity. Minus a Hotel and maybe a (proper) museum.(see the arches)

5541F0CD-673B-497A-8418-1F5C7D510971.png

Villa Live will be a brand-new commercial destination venue and community space, which will sit opposite the North Stand. We envisage it comprising of:

• A multipurpose central hub space
  • Retail space, including the new club shop
  • Lots of food and drink options
  • Room to recognise our history
  • Outdoor space including new seating with a bar/café area
There will also be space in the venue would be accessible to the public, that can be used by the local community, schools, and associations for their needs. We want it to be a destination that is fit for all, and need your views to help shape the story for Villa Live.

The concept is similar to ours, but I would assume much smaller in size and in capacity. Minus a Hotel and maybe a (proper) museum.(see the arches)

View attachment 72819

Villa Live will be a brand-new commercial destination venue and community space, which will sit opposite the North Stand. We envisage it comprising of:

• A multipurpose central hub space
  • Retail space, including the new club shop
  • Lots of food and drink options
  • Room to recognise our history
  • Outdoor space including new seating with a bar/café area
There will also be space in the venue would be accessible to the public, that can be used by the local community, schools, and associations for their needs. We want it to be a destination that is fit for all, and need your views to help shape the story for Villa Live.

Ahh, it is the building itself, I thought that was just commercial offices.

Where's Jack's statue going?
JackNicholsonSmoking_1024x.jpg

All here mate. Another fly through, more CGI's, etc.

This is what I thought we'd get when the club released details of the North stand expansion proposal.

A very slick presentation by Villa.

I hope City do something similar rather than just submitting a planning application and us having trawl through it.

If you watch the Villa video seems to include a train station, the club really need to buy the former Mercedes garage and turn that into a train station that would solve so many problems regarding the whole site.

1679555327252.png
1679555865230.png

Last edited:
If you watch the Villa video seems to include a train station, the club really need to buy the former Mercedes garage and turn that into a train station that would solve so many problems regarding the whole site.

View attachment 72854
View attachment 72855
That station and scheduled services on the line already exists, it’s just showing the work they plan to do to upgrade the area from there to the stadium. Unfortunately for us the line going past the athletics stadium doesn’t currently have any scheduled services and it isn’t easy to set any up. It’s not exactly on a route that adds anything to Manchester from a passenger viewpoint. It can only go to the Marple or Glossop lines to the south and those areas already have services to Piccadilly so all it would do is move those termini to Victoria.

It needs to be able to connect to Stockport or the airport to be of any use and that won’t be happening soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.