North Stand Construction Discussion

Public consultation ticks a lot of boxes. With the Local Planning Authority, BREEAM credits (if needed) etc... Its simply a professional way of going about things. I expect the phasing requirements for a complicated scheme such as this will start very soon. The club shop will need relocating. A temporary club shop will need to be in place before the existing one is demolished. A significant (temporary) investment of north of £1m I would estimate just for a temporary facility. Expect to see stripping out of an existing building and then fitting out of the new temporary club shop starting very soon. Once this happens the ball is rolling and it is unlikely to stop. Exciting times for those that are interested in both the North Stand expansion and surrounding area development.

And when, occasionally (if you were in the middle of a jam packed Kippax, you'd feel a warm, damp sensation down the back of your leg.
especially when you turned round to see a lady winking at you

I think they managed to stick the third tier at the other end up without it ever impacting on the capacity didn’t they?
The South Stand was expanded by adding an extra (Third) Tier above the lower two.

That will not be possible with the North Stand expansion as the Second Tier is being expanded. There will be inevitably be a loss of seating during the construction phase.

I am in the Upper Tier of the North Stand but, hopefully too far around to be affected by these works.

Anyone sitting towards the top of the Norther Stand Upper Tier in the middle six blocks could face relocation.

The South Stand was expanded by adding an extra (Third) Tier above the lower two.

That will not be possible with the North Stand expansion as the Second Tier is being expanded. There will be inevitably be a loss of seating during the construction phase.

I am in the Upper Tier of the North Stand but, hopefully too far around to be affected by these works.

Anyone sitting towards the top of the Norther Stand Upper Tier in the middle six blocks could face relocation.
I'm no construction expert but the dippers are building a new tier at the Anfield Road stand and are building behind the original stand. This would be feasible for the North Stand !

TBF Mark Todd is saying everything we’ve said and wanted on here. Which thankfully has been replicated by his network of 500 City fans. He also talks a lot of sense.

There is clearly a general consensus of what we all want the new home end/North stand to be.

So there are no excuses by the club not to deliver what the vast/overwhelming majority of City fans want.

FFS, Amy! WTF! I had to fast forward the video.
Not everyone. Yes there may be a broad consensus on the fundamentals of the new stand but the improvement in atmosphere sought won’t be achieved by just marking the Club’s homework. The design of the new stand may lend itself to an improved atmosphere to a degree but fans will need to get organised and engaged , for example, in relocating Blues to the new tier for it to be a real success. None of that was in Mark Todd’s views.

On security, the redevelopments does pose bigger challenges that need to be managed. It’s not just about transport.

Not everyone. Yes there may be a broad consensus on the fundamentals of the new stand but the improvement in atmosphere sought won’t be achieved by just marking the Club’s homework. The design of the new stand may lend itself to an improved atmosphere to a degree but fans will need to get organised and engaged , for example, in relocating Blues to the new tier for it to be a real success. None of that was in Mark Todd’s views.

On security, the redevelopments does pose bigger challenges that need to be managed. It’s not just about transport.
What do you think the other security challenges are please ?

What do you think the other security challenges are please ?
More people in a limited space.
Changes in the flow of people and at different times. (Includes more people needing to leave the ground from a bigger / higher tier and bigger crowds outside the ground etc)
Recruiting more security personnel who are fit for purpose.
More first aiders / clinicians required
A more prestigious location for possible attacks.
More covered and interlinked areas posing slightly different challenges eg changes to City square.
Extended opening hours of facilities
Possible protection rackets / fraud over development of new facilities.
More people queueing for limited transport facilities.
Protecting building materials

All potentially manageable if done right.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.