North Stand Construction Discussion

The South Stand was expanded by adding an extra (Third) Tier above the lower two.

That will not be possible with the North Stand expansion as the Second Tier is being expanded. There will be inevitably be a loss of seating during the construction phase.

I am in the Upper Tier of the North Stand but, hopefully too far around to be affected by these works.

Anyone sitting towards the top of the Norther Stand Upper Tier in the middle six blocks could face relocation.

Most of the work will be done by building behind exactly like with the South Stand. Doesn’t matter if it’s two tiers or three. Liverpool are building a new second tier right now and completely tearing down the old one in the closed season.

We don’t know if we’re completely replacing our current second tier yet so potentially that could impact things but I’d imagine most of the second tier seats will be available for the majority of the development time.

I'm no construction expert but the dippers are building a new tier at the Anfield Road stand and are building behind the original stand. This would be feasible for the North Stand !
Yes but there will inevitably be a few rows of seats at the top of the Second Tier that are not usable during part of the construction work.

The South Stand was expanded by adding an extra (Third) Tier above the lower two.

That will not be possible with the North Stand expansion as the Second Tier is being expanded. There will be inevitably be a loss of seating during the construction phase.

I am in the Upper Tier of the North Stand but, hopefully too far around to be affected by these works.

Anyone sitting towards the top of the Norther Stand Upper Tier in the middle six blocks could face relocation.

Well you’ve obviously read a lot more about it than I can bothered doing. I just assumed it would be similar to the South Stand.

Hopefully they can get the bulk of the necessary work done in the close season and maybe ask for a few away games to start the next season, as other clubs have in the past.

Well you’ve obviously read a lot more about it than I can bothered doing. I just assumed it would be similar to the South Stand.

Hopefully they can get the bulk of the necessary work done in the close season and maybe ask for a few away games to start the next season, as other clubs have in the past.
The bulk will be done in the close season I'd have thought but it's not likely to be just the one. Since we still don't know what's entailed everything posted right now is pure guess work.

More people in a limited space.
Changes in the flow of people and at different times. (Includes more people needing to leave the ground from a bigger / higher tier and bigger crowds outside the ground etc)
Recruiting more security personnel who are fit for purpose.
More first aiders / clinicians required
A more prestigious location for possible attacks.
More covered and interlinked areas posing slightly different challenges eg changes to City square.
Extended opening hours of facilities
Possible protection rackets / fraud over development of new facilities.
More people queueing for limited transport facilities.
Protecting building materials

All potentially manageable if done right.
Wow ! Bet your a barrel of laughs on a night out, with that attitude we'd still be living in caves ! Anfeild will be a similar capacity to the Etihad when both are completed but their public transport facilities are non existent apart from the odd bus routes anywhere near Anfield to the City centre ! The only difference is the Co-op arena which from what I've been told will have a limited effect on match days due to the events time scheduling !

I'm no construction expert but the dippers are building a new tier at the Anfield Road stand and are building behind the original stand. This would be feasible for the North Stand !
That's what we did for the South Stand
There is probably lots of ways that this could be achieved without significantly reducing the capacity.
Im guessing they would be able to build the "extension" behind the stand then in the summer demolish the old tier and boxes remove the old roof and move fans to the new bit then extend downwards.
IIRC the new roof was added to South stand and the cladding of the existing roof removed during the season and then the structure removed in the summer?

Wow ! Bet your a barrel of laughs on a night out, with that attitude we'd still be living in caves ! Anfeild will be a similar capacity to the Etihad when both are completed but their public transport facilities are non existent apart from the odd bus routes anywhere near Anfield to the City centre ! The only difference is the Co-op arena which from what I've been told will have a limited effect on match days due to the events time scheduling !

Liverpool, and Everton for that matter, have Soccerbus, which runs on a regular basis between the ground and Sandhills station for a couple of hours before and after every game.

They used to run match day buses from picadilly gardens up until a few years ago and that stopped which is a shame. Was only a quid or so and never had to wait to long. Coming back on the bus though is always a ball ache, quicker to walk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.