North Stand Construction Discussion

They used to run match day buses from picadilly gardens up until a few years ago and that stopped which is a shame. Was only a quid or so and never had to wait to long. Coming back on the bus though is always a ball ache, quicker to walk.
Spent many a happy day in my youth walking down Aytoun St to catch the match bus

It wouldn’t suit everyone but there must be mileage in a post match scene in the new City Square - discuss the days other results, match analysis and highlights, player interviews, autographs etc…. Reasonably priced post match food and beer - it might keep a few thousand back.

It wouldn’t suit everyone but there must be mileage in a post match scene in the new City Square - discuss the days other results, match analysis and highlights, player interviews, autographs etc…. Reasonably priced post match food and beer - it might keep a few thousand back.
Whatever the create, there needs to be incentive for more people to stay until the final whistle. Something like half price food and drinks 20 minutes after the full time whistle could help

If the food and drink available at the canal side by the arena and in the arena get it right then there will be plenty of incentive for people to hang around after games rather than stand in a tram or traffic queue I’d think.

Liverpool, and Everton for that matter, have Soccerbus, which runs on a regular basis between the ground and Sandhills station for a couple of hours before and after every game.
Will they be any different from those buses than line up on Ashton New Road to the City centre? They will still have 63k of fans existing the ground having to leave the area with cars, on foot or on limited buses mostly heading back to Liverpool centre ! They seem to accept this as feasible without kicking up a fuss unless I've missed something !

Would think the majority of fans just want to get home or go back into Manchester after games especially those with kids ! Also can't imagine that it will be cheap to stay in the new City Sq area after games !

They used to run match day buses from picadilly gardens up until a few years ago and that stopped which is a shame. Was only a quid or so and never had to wait to long. Coming back on the bus though is always a ball ache, quicker to walk.
There still are match buses to the etihad from Piccadilly Gardens and it coats £2. The service is extremely hit and miss though with long waits for a bus often in Manchester weather!

Wow ! Bet your a barrel of laughs on a night out, with that attitude we'd still be living in caves ! Anfeild will be a similar capacity to the Etihad when both are completed but their public transport facilities are non existent apart from the odd bus routes anywhere near Anfield to the City centre ! The only difference is the Co-op arena which from what I've been told will have a limited effect on match days due to the events time scheduling !
Thanks big mouth. I was asked to list security issues and I have done so. I’m Security trained. As I said a couple of times, these are manageable if handled properly.

We can’t write the Manchester Arena atrocity or the poor state of the transport etc out of history.

Will they be any different from those buses than line up on Ashton New Road to the City centre? They will still have 63k of fans existing the ground having to leave the area with cars, on foot or on limited buses mostly heading back to Liverpool centre ! They seem to accept this as feasible without kicking up a fuss unless I've missed something !

I’ve no idea how well it works or how many use it. It’s been going a very long time though so I assume it must be serving a useful purpose.

I’ve never been on any non City football forum but I’d take a wild guess that if you pick any club at random and check out one of their forums you won’t have to look too hard to find fans whinging about all sorts of stuff, including transport to the ground.

Wow ! Bet your a barrel of laughs on a night out, with that attitude we'd still be living in caves ! Anfeild will be a similar capacity to the Etihad when both are completed but their public transport facilities are non existent apart from the odd bus routes anywhere near Anfield to the City centre ! The only difference is the Co-op arena which from what I've been told will have a limited effect on match days due to the events time scheduling !
Another safty concern he didn't mention is tripping up when large groups of people leave the stadium whilst all wearing flared trousers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.