North Stand Construction Discussion

These things are all personal, and we'll have to agree to disagree. I shall never stay at that hotel, so it's much of a muchness really.
I find the hotel at Stamford Bridge weird. (I think they were the first to do it, in the UK anyway). It is independent, but you have to go through the gate to get to the stadium, and the hotel is part of that ensemble. At Lyon's Groupama Stadium, there's a hotel on the north side, close but it's a clearly independent building. That, for me, is fine.
A few years back, in Toronto, I stayed at the Renaissance Hotel (now renamed the Marriot City Centre). They've got a bar that I wandered into, and the whole of one side of it is a bay window that looks directly onto the Blue Jays stadium. I will admit that I found that pretty cool at the time — but I was just a tourist passing through, and not a fan of baseball in any case, so I didn't feel strongly about it either way.
What is in any case far more important to me is that they get that stand right…

Last edited:
Reactions: jrb
i wonder if the hotel is attached to the stadium so it can be counted as club revenue for FFP?

Thanks.

Looks good, bar, Hotel shocker!

So the Hotel also overlooks the fan plaza/roof, as well as the left leg box at ground level.

7143-DEB2-AF28-46-F6-A385-B7-B2-F109-B6-CC.png

No wonder the Etihad is still in the running to host Euro 2028.
Every time I look at one of these pics I seem to see something new. I've never noticed the roof garden with the tree at the left of that blow up for instance (unless it isn't that at all :) ).

Do you thnk the extra 7,700 seats will empty on 82 minutes?

No. The South Standers by relocating to the North stand can stay an extra two minutes and still be in the queue for the tram at the same time. So emptying out will start on 84 mins…..

What is in any case far more important to me is that they get that stand right…

If they’re worrying about how hotel guests can view the pitch, it means they aren’t going to get the stand right.

We need a low roof over NSL2, not a huge gap between the stand and the roof to accommodate some viewing platform malarkey.

As you say.

I was hoping for a 20 storey (random number of floors) stand alone Hotel, located close to the stadium, offering panoramic views of the stadium below, the city centre skyline in the in the distance, as well as views across Gtr Manchester. Instead we’ve got what looks like a midrise, boxed, (Premier Inn) shaped Hotel. It’s looks disappointing compared to the rest of the proposal.
A second hotel is planned.

Praps it will be the free standing, architectural icon once the Arena is opened and NS development is complete.

It was certainly in the initial thinking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.