North Stand Construction Discussion

Thanks.

Looks good, bar, Hotel shocker!

So the Hotel also overlooks the fan plaza/roof, as well as the left leg box at ground level.

7143-DEB2-AF28-46-F6-A385-B7-B2-F109-B6-CC.png

No wonder the Etihad is still in the running to host Euro 2028.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Looks good, bar, Hotel shocker!

So the Hotel also overlooks the fan plaza/roof, as well as the left leg box at ground level.

7143-DEB2-AF28-46-F6-A385-B7-B2-F109-B6-CC.png

No wonder the Etihad is still in the running to host Euro 2028.
The hotel location/design is a mystery.

It’s certainly not a free standing, iconic, statement design fronting ATW.

Praps we’re all missing something !!

The hotel location/design is a mystery.

It’s certainly not a free standing, iconic, statement design fronting ATW.

Praps we’re all missing something !!

As you say.

I was hoping for a 20 storey (random number of floors) stand alone Hotel, located close to the stadium, offering panoramic views of the stadium below, the city centre skyline in the in the distance, as well as views across Gtr Manchester. Instead we’ve got what looks like a midrise, boxed, (Premier Inn) shaped Hotel. It’s looks disappointing compared to the rest of the proposal.

As you say.

I was hoping for a 20 storey (random number of floors) stand alone Hotel, located close to the stadium, offering panoramic views of the stadium below, the city centre skyline in the in the distance, as well as views across Gtr Manchester. Instead we’ve got what looks like a midrise, boxed, (Premier Inn) shaped Hotel. It’s looks disappointing compared to the rest of the proposal.

Looks as though the design is trying to make the hotel look as though it's integrally part of the stadium. Always a mistake in my view. A hotel is an entirely different beast, with an entirely different function. You want to go to the stadium, you go through the turnstile.

Looks as though the design is trying to make the hotel look as though it's integrally part of the stadium. Always a mistake in my view. A hotel is an entirely different beast, with an entirely different function. You want to go to the stadium, you go through the turnstile.

I think the club and the architects have missed a trick here. I’d have definitely stayed at the hotel knowing I could see the Etihad below, as well as views across Gtr Manchester either from a viewing platform or a bar and restaurant located on the top floor of a tall hotel. Seeing the Etihad below would have been a great (City) tourist attraction, and it would have been an attraction in it’s own right, along with the match, museum, stadium tour, etc.

West Ham’s ground is visible from the Olympic Viewing Platform.

F442-B20-E-89-E9-42-AF-90-B0-507-F3970-AC42.webp

Last edited:
As you say.

It’ll because the hotel itself offers views of the stadium via the viewing platform at the top of the new north stand. You’ll be able to go from the top of the hotel up some stairs to the viewing platform without having to leave the hotel. They’ll probably sell packages where you can stay at the hotel and watch a game from the viewing platform also etc.

As you say.

It would be nice to have panoramic views. Even as far as old Trafford so you can stand on the balcony & piss yourself at the decrepit stadium & the legendary hotel football.

It’ll because the hotel itself offers views of the stadium via the viewing platform at the top of the new north stand. You’ll be able to go from the top of the hotel up some stairs to the viewing platform without having to leave the hotel. They’ll probably sell packages where you can stay at the hotel and watch a game from the viewing platform also etc.
The Novotel on the way up Wembley way is side on to the stadium like this so they’ve put protruding, angled windows in the front facing rooms so you can actually see the stadium from them. It’s hard to describe unless you’ve stayed there.

Far better to have it joined to the stadium as there will be so many advantages for hotel guests.

Internal access to the Sky bar and other lounges within the Etihad for events functions etc is the biggest plus.

Maybe a separate taller structure would look better, but functionality for a hotel connected to the stadium far better practically in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.