North Stand Construction Discussion

Maybe not... They may need to look at over 16s or something instead, can't imagine a lively end of the ground with loads of kids dotted amongst it though, that's why it's dead now, it will never work and I say that with a four year old that comes to matches who would love to sit/stand in a loud area because he's a live wire himself but I personally wouldn't allow him to, I've stood on lively terraces and it's no place for children.

I know you’re only suggesting things for the good of the team/ atmosphere. I just can’t see with the way the game is marketed these days that they are going to even consider excluding children from any part of the ground.

Probably the best you could hope for is an area where the more boisterous fans are encouraged to congregate, with a cautionary message that people with young children might wish to consider that.

Instead of having the sky bar/hospitality boxes at the top of NSL2, why not place them in the corners where the TV screens are now, between the North Stand and CB/East stands. That would allow vocal fans to congregate right under the roof at the back and make a racket. Guessing the plans for the sky bar are all put in place now but surely would have been a better use of space that would benefit corporate and fans.
It isn’t really taking up any space from what I can see from the images, it’s built into the back of the stand with windows where the would just be a wall otherwise.
This image on facebook looks like it goes all the way back to the back of the stand, to me anyway.
1680642985204.jpeg

It isn’t really taking up any space from what I can see from the images, it’s built into the back of the stand with windows where the would just be a wall otherwise.
This image on facebook looks like it goes all the way back to the back of the stand, to me anyway.
View attachment 74050
What I should have been clearer about was that if there was no sky bar built in to the back of the stand, vocal fans could congregate under a lower roof and make a racket against the wall at the back like they do in SSL3. Instead, the roof will be higher to accommodate the sky bar, meaning sound won't bounce off the roof as well.

What I should have been clearer about was that if there was no sky bar built in to the back of the stand, vocal fans could congregate under a lower roof and make a racket against the wall at the back like they do in SSL3. Instead, the roof will be higher to accommodate the sky bar, meaning sound won't bounce off the roof as well.

Looking at the basic drawing of the stand, the fans at the back of the stand will be able to bang on the wall. It will probably be a painted brick or breeze block wall with or without cladding on it. I doubt it will make much noise when banged.

9B949730-C103-4D4B-805E-FB39E3A9B66D.jpeg

Until the planning application is submitted and available to see, we won’t no for certain what the back wall of the stand will be made of or will look like.

None taken! Just floating an idea, I just can’t see the club not having any corporate in the NS, with all those facilities incorporated behind it, I’d much rather lose a few seats in L1 to corporate than any in L2, god forbid they do what the rags did with the stretford end (can’t see it) many have talked about congregating at the back of L2 to generate an atmosphere, which may be another consideration as to where they situate corporate, I’d be interested to know what others would do if we have to have such an area ?

Fair enough mate. From what I’ve seen on here/ online there won’t be any corporate in the north stand. I think corporate areas will increase in other places, such as all across the 2nd tier in the rest of the ground though.

I think if we want a home end you can’t put corporate seats in it. Completely defeats the purpose of it

Fair enough mate. From what I’ve seen on here/ online there won’t be any corporate in the north stand. I think corporate areas will increase in other places, such as all across the 2nd tier in the rest of the ground though.

I think if we want a home end you can’t put corporate seats in it. Completely defeats the purpose of it
There is currently a Skybar and 'Players club lounge' in the north stand both sound very much like hospitality to me unfortunately.

I don’t have a problem with a corporate restaurant/bar viewing gallery high up at the back of NSL2 as shown in the drawing. I would have a problem if the people from the corporate restaurant/bar viewing gallery and or the hotel took their seats at the back or in the middle of NSL2 when the match started. That isn’t a proper home end. And it certainly isn’t the demographic type of City fan who will create an atmosphere and join in with the chants. I hope I’m wrong, but I’ve got a feeling City will some how shoehorn corporates somewhere into the new and expanded NSL2.

I don’t have a problem with a corporate restaurant/bar viewing gallery high up at the back of NSL2, as shown in the drawing. I would have a problem if the people from the corporate restaurant/bar viewing gallery and or the hotel took their seats at the back or in the middle of NSL2 when the match started. That isn’t a properbhome end. And upit certainly isn’t the demographic type of City fan who will and would create an atmosphere and join in with chants. I hope I’m wrong, but I’ve got a feeling City will shoehorn corporates somewhere into NSL2.
Where do you think the seats would be? Legends, Cityzens, Tunnel club, etc all have seats in front of the hospitality area.

Hopefully 1894 can convince the club to change the plans, but that would take a lot of honest dialogue.

Where do you think the seats would be? Legends, Cityzens, Tunnel club, etc all have seats in front of the hospitality area.

Hopefully 1894 can convince the club to change the plans, but that would take a lot of honest dialogue.
At the back, close to an entrance and exit to the viewing gallery above. The corporates could arrive and leave as they please.

One indication of that not happening would be if the club made all of NSL2 safe standing. That would rule out corporate completely on NSL2.

At the back, close to an entrance and exit to the viewing gallery above. The corporates could arrive and leave as they please.

One indication of that not happening would be if the club made all of NSL2 safe standing. That would rule out corporate completely on NSL2.
The skybar entrances are lobbies in both wings at the bottom. We know there is a Skybar so i think we know there is hospitality in the NS2. Then there is the Players club lounge, are they going to build a big hospitality area in the back of the stand and not put the seats in the stand?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.