North Stand Construction Discussion

I’ve said it before, the best way to solve any potential problems with acoustics & sound travelling, whilst also solving the issue of the club wanting more corporate, is to build corporate boxes under the lip of tier 1 (see pic) that would allow sound to travel up no problem, instead of it being suppressed under the overhang, and actually make the two stands feel more connected. Those boxes would would make a mint in that location given the view and history at that end, easily sellable, unfortunately more corporate is the only way we’re going to get subsidies on tickets

There’s no where near enough space to have boxes there. There wouldn’t even be room for a full concourse. We’d also lose hundreds & hundreds of seats. It also wouldn’t help the atmosphere in any way.

(Have I been clarkied?)

Last edited:
There’s no where near enough space to have boxes there. There wouldn’t even be room for a full concourse. We’d also lose hundreds & hundreds of seats. It also wouldn’t help the atmosphere in any way.
I’m not saying it will help with atmosphere, that is down to us fans, but it will 100% help with how the sound travels. The corporate boxes could then be packaged with the skybar/hotel/restaurants, and don’t have to be massive as they will be serviced by the facilities mentioned, it would mean losing 6/7 rows and would obviously lead to a loss of seats, but it does solve a few problems

Tifos yes, definitely.

It’s more a logistical problem though. Very simply put - anything in Level has to go up. Also, the further up you go the less space/storage there is.

These are all easily solvable issues, but they do need resolving/considering.

If it’s easily solvable it’s definitely worth the effort. We could have something similar to ac Milan.

The main thing to look at though is atmosphere and as I’ve mentioned a large second tier is the best place for that. Larger numbers and more people being able to join in. It would allow the 1894 group to grow in numbers as well I’d have thought

I’m not saying it will help with atmosphere, that is down to us fans, but it will 100% help with how the sound travels. The corporate boxes could then be packaged with the skybar/hotel/restaurants, and don’t have to be massive as they will be serviced by the facilities mentioned, it would mean losing 6/7 rows and would obviously lead to a loss of seats, but it does solve a few problems

Not much point in ‘improving the acoustics’ or how sound travels if you force out 7 rows of fans for corporate boxes.

No offence mate, but that idea would make the atmosphere worse.

If we truly want it as the closest thing we are going to see an 'ultras stand' there should be no kids in there whatsoever, imo, better out of the way, wants to be loud and proud, flags, constant noise, nobody moaning about songs with swearing in which is what I've experienced previously in the current Family Stand, just a bit of a roll back that is designed to rally the troops.

Absolutely zero chance of the club going along with that I wouldn’t have thought.

Besides, if you got rid of all under 18s in most “Ultra” groups in England that I’ve seen, you’d be excluding half the membership.

Absolutely zero chance of the club going along with that I wouldn’t have thought.

Besides, if you got rid of all under 18s in most “Ultra” groups in England that I’ve seen, you’d be excluding half the membership.

Maybe not... They may need to look at over 16s or something instead, can't imagine a lively end of the ground with loads of kids dotted amongst it though, that's why it's dead now, it will never work and I say that with a four year old that comes to matches who would love to sit/stand in a loud area because he's a live wire himself but I personally wouldn't allow him to, I've stood on lively terraces and it's no place for children.

Not much point in ‘improving the acoustics’ or how sound travels if you force out 7 rows of fans for corporate boxes.

No offence mate, but that idea would make the atmosphere worse.
None taken! Just floating an idea, I just can’t see the club not having any corporate in the NS, with all those facilities incorporated behind it, I’d much rather lose a few seats in L1 to corporate than any in L2, god forbid they do what the rags did with the stretford end (can’t see it) many have talked about congregating at the back of L2 to generate an atmosphere, which may be another consideration as to where they situate corporate, I’d be interested to know what others would do if we have to have such an area ?

There’s a sky bar at the very back of the stand above the 2nd tier itself. Could see entry being partly sold as part of a hospitality package alongside the joined hotel.
View attachment 74017
They look like corporate windows between the bottom and new top tier to me and it dose look like a sky bar at the top of the stand. Understandably really that they Will want to maximise revenue as much as possible, hopefully keep the price of tickets low for the masses but please nooo blocks of corporates slap bang in the middle of the stand

None taken! Just floating an idea, I just can’t see the club not having any corporate in the NS, with all those facilities incorporated behind it, I’d much rather lose a few seats in L1 to corporate than any in L2, god forbid they do what the rags did with the stretford end (can’t see it) many have talked about congregating at the back of L2 to generate an atmosphere, which may be another consideration as to where they situate corporate, I’d be interested to know what others would do if we have to have such an area ?
They will have some, mainly in the sky bar, maybe some at the back of the first tier maybe not, but don’t think any will infringe on the level 2 seats or concourse.

Instead of having the sky bar/hospitality boxes at the top of NSL2, why not place them in the corners where the TV screens are now, between the North Stand and CB/East stands. That would allow vocal fans to congregate right under the roof at the back and make a racket. Guessing the plans for the sky bar are all put in place now but surely would have been a better use of space that would benefit corporate and fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.