North Stand Construction Discussion

If that's come from the club I'd ask them to show you the plans for the north stand.
I know we’ve only seen rough sketches, but from those the only place I can see what might be hospitality is buit into the back under the roof, which would be fine and not impact the actual stand. Or is this wrong ?

I know we’ve only seen rough sketches, but from those the only place I can see what might be hospitality is buit into the back under the roof, which would be fine and not impact the actual stand. Or is this wrong ?
There are definitely 2 areas in the current design one top and one middle. The seats for the top area are at the top of the stand unsure for the other.

Amongst other suggestions, removing the LED boards and the dreadful and tacky electronic flags, not putting them back on when NSL2 is expanded and completed, and allowing fans to hang ‘their own flags and banners’ along the front of NSL2, not the clubs banners and flags. Some of you will remember the Blue Alliance group.

This…..

0A9FABE9-A0F3-4D08-BB7A-11BC223DE24A.jpeg

Or this…..

326F3A6D-2A49-4570-BF5D-A54F25F09E5B.jpeg

5204D886-99EE-495D-ACF1-CEA86B4A4703.jpeg

I believe hospitality will move to the back of north stand level 2.

I spoke with Danny Vandrewala recently (head of hospitality), who said hospitality levels are being cut for the next few seasons which would suggest the boxes on level two are going during construction.

There’s a sky bar at the very back of the stand above the 2nd tier itself. Could see entry being partly sold as part of a hospitality package alongside the joined hotel.
F77ECC06-A10A-49C6-A5EC-DD33A7637477.jpeg

The survey aims to get a more general view from the wider fanbase, which will shape 1894's stance on the North Stand Expansion.

Of the dozen or so people who 'run' 1894, it's a mixed bag of opinions. I personally want to focus on SSL2 all the way (near the back to orchestrate the singing); others don't want to be that far away from the pitch, and, as you said, others want to focus more on flags/displays (which naturally are easier in Level 1).

We didn't want to make firm decisions until we had canvassed opinions, and we will genuinely use the results in our decision-making (so all I can say is thank you for having your say, and I'd implore anyone else who has strong views to share theirs).

We also need to consider that City will have their own plans, and there are certain things that we 'need' them to pull through on to make any of this work (for example, if there's rail seating/no hospitality/fair prices etc). Having this data will help us back up our requests to them.
Well done @Manchester33 to help tell people who you are etc, it would be good The 1894 to have socials and a website. You stated earlier that you want all fans together having this would help massively https://the3252.net/ This could be a simple way of getting all different people who want to sing together in the one place by simply having a join now button on a website

I’ve said it before, the best way to solve any potential problems with acoustics & sound travelling, whilst also solving the issue of the club wanting more corporate, is to build corporate boxes under the lip of tier 1 (see pic) that would allow sound to travel up no problem, instead of it being suppressed under the overhang, and actually make the two stands feel more connected. Those boxes would would make a mint in that location given the view and history at that end, easily sellable, unfortunately more corporate is the only way we’re going to get subsidies on tickets

Attachments

• E473AC52-05EF-428B-B8DE-3BE1B93B137A.jpeg
    E473AC52-05EF-428B-B8DE-3BE1B93B137A.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 48

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.