North Stand Construction Discussion

We will.

But just like the Invincibles, the Centurions is barely mentioned anymore. I can’t honestly remember when I last heard the Centurions mentioned or saw it in the football media.

Perhaps I’m wrong, I doubt the ‘Centurion stand’ name will catch on with City’s current fan base. Maybe in the future when the younger and new City fans are the majority.

Again just me. Others will think differently. It just comes across as marketing guff by the club. Something the marketing execs have thought up, rather than letting the fans who will stand on the new and expanded North stand pick the name.

I fully expect City to launch a rage of Centurion related products. The Centurion hotel, viewing gallery, bar & restaurant, fan plaza, and a memorabilia relaunch, etc.

I’ve yet to see me, you or anyone post a better name tbh. Other names are just different.

I’ve yet to see me, you or anyone post a better name tbh. Other names are just different.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Citizens stand. My preference.

There's nothing wrong with the Centurion stand either, but that name doesn't resonate with me. It might with you and other City fans?

Will post the City at Home and the Co-op Live Arena update pictures this Afternoon on the Etihad Campus thread.

Personally I would name it the Mike Summerbee Stand.

He’s been a key figure at the club during our two finest eras, but the naming of the stand would be for his staunch, unbreakable support for the club during all the shit in between.

Have we ever had a more fierce advocate, a more loyal voice or anyone more willing to take on the media in order to protect the club’s reputation? During the darkest days, Summerbee would never shy away and he’s given us decades of service, not just to the club itself but also to our fanbase and our community.

The Stand is set to open 60 years after he first signed for us, so for me there’s no finer choice.

There's nothing wrong with the Centurion stand either, but that name doesn't resonate with me. It might with you and other City fans?

Will post the City at Home and the Co-op Live Arena update pictures this Afternoon on the Etihad Campus thread.
The 'Centurions' name for me is more like a name for one of the lounges / corporate areas, not a name for a stand itself. We have so much rich history at the club, we can come up with a better name than the Centurions stand which to me sounds really up our own arses.

The 'Centurions' name for me is more like a name for one of the lounges / corporate areas, not a name for a stand itself. We have so much rich history at the club, we can come up with a better name than the Centurions stand which to me sounds really up our own arses.
Agreed, maybe the Sky bar at the top? After thinking of some of the suggestions I'd personally be happiest (so far) with 'The New Kippax Stand'

The club shop is going into the city at home building,also apperently city havnt got the mercedes garage,Tesla have got it.

Agreed, maybe the Sky bar at the top? After thinking of some of the suggestions I'd personally be happiest (so far) with 'The New Kippax Stand'
It wasn't a dig at your username either, a moment in our history i will always love :) Agree on the Kippax being a good option, something thats synonymous with City, our history and atmosphere.

Citizens Stand doesn't especially resonate above anything else either.

At the end of the day, unless it's a really shit name, it's like arguing whether George is a better name than Harry.

I'd be happy with Kippax, Aguero, 93:20, Centurion.

Citizens Stand doesn't especially resonate above anything else either.

At the end of the day, unless it's a really shit name, it's like arguing whether George is a better name than Harry.

I'd be happy with Kippax, Aguero, 93:20, Centurion.
12 years ago 99% of people on here had never heard of Etihad, how the name has become part of our day to day lives.

The same will apply to the name given to the new stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.