North Stand Construction Discussion

Personally I would name it the Mike Summerbee Stand.

He’s been a key figure at the club during our two finest eras, but the naming of the stand would be for his staunch, unbreakable support for the club during all the shit in between.

Have we ever had a more fierce advocate, a more loyal voice or anyone more willing to take on the media in order to protect the club’s reputation? During the darkest days, Summerbee would never shy away and he’s given us decades of service, not just to the club itself but also to our fanbase and our community.

The Stand is set to open 60 years after he first signed for us, so for me there’s no finer choice.
Works for me, good call

He’s been a key figure at the club during our two finest eras, but the naming of the stand would be for his staunch, unbreakable support for the club during all the shit in between.

Have we ever had a more fierce advocate, a more loyal voice or anyone more willing to take on the media in order to protect the club’s reputation? During the darkest days, Summerbee would never shy away and he’s given us decades of service, not just to the club itself but also to our fanbase and our community.

The Stand is set to open 60 years after he first signed for us, so for me there’s no finer choice.

Great shout. If anyone deserves a stand naming after them it’s Summerbee.

I’m not bothered about the ‘centurions stand’. It was a great achievement, but it’s barely mentioned and for me isn’t above things like the Aguero goal or players like Summerbee

Citizen stand for me, cos we’ll all be citizens in the home end, always there loud and proud, protectors of our great club.
Banners, flags and scarves proper home end.
if not citizens stand then it must be the 1894 stand.

Mercer and Allison Stand should be the top choice if we are naming the Stands after club legends. All 4 sides should be named this way - Colin Bell, Mercer and Allison, Sergio Aguero and David Silva being the top options on the board.

Or in similar vein: The Book End

Citizen stand for me, cos we’ll all be citizens in the home end, always there loud and proud, protectors of our great club.
Banners, flags and scarves proper home end.
if not citizens stand then it must be the 1894 stand.

Correct. Citizens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.