North Stand Construction Discussion

Think we pay the council 4m a year
Its £4M for league games there is additional for the other matches and events, this money is ring-fenced for sport in City of Manchester Im guessing that the fee may increase with the additional seats?

It's got a lift and it's not like they turn up every game
Yes but the kids love to be able to see their idols close to. Did you not enjoy going to the games and being able to see the players and shout and cheer for them? Up in the 'Gods' is too far away for little ones. IMHO

Shit the bed, look at that! :-)

View attachment 75499Flags on level 1, not in level 2. :-(

Hopefully the club have changed their minds about that?

It looks brilliant but I hope the fact that the flags are all in the bottom tier doesn't mean they are planning on making that bit the new atmosphere section.
I’m the Under 25s representative on City Matters (I’ll address that elsewhere later on).

To clarify on this particular point, the club have yet to make a decision on which parts of the North Stand are to be the atmospheric parts. However, they are aware from the consultation that an overwhelming majority wanted an atmospheric section to include parts of Level 1 and Level 2, and at least from my interpretation are supportive of this. At this stage, the planning application is more around the structure itself rather than the configuration within it, which they hope to work towards through engagement with stakeholders as we move forward.

Its £4M for league games there is additional for the other matches and events, this money is ring-fenced for sport in City of Manchester Im guessing that the fee may increase with the additional seats?
The flat fee was done specifically so it wouldn't increase with attendance, that and naming rights.

Very little income is ring fenced normally unless national Gov says so, most additional money goes into the same pot since GPoC.

Yes but the kids love to be able to see their idols close to. Did you not enjoy going to the games and being able to see the players and shout and cheer for them? Up in the 'Gods' is too far away for little ones. IMHO
I agree I had a season ticket in the family stand until my lad hit 16 then moved to the south stand for cheaper tickets, maybe 3rd tier is a bit unfair but man shooting towards all them empty seats in the 2nd half is a shitter, maybe the whole ground needs a rejig

I’m the Under 25s representative on City Matters (I’ll address that elsewhere later on).

To clarify on this particular point, the club have yet to make a decision on which parts of the North Stand are to be the atmospheric parts. However, they are aware from the consultation that an overwhelming majority wanted an atmospheric section to include parts of Level 1 and Level 2, and at least from my interpretation are supportive of this. At this stage, the planning application is more around the structure itself rather than the configuration within it, which they hope to work towards through engagement with stakeholders as we move forward.
Displays in 1, noise in 2, that end of the stadium for "atmosphere" except for the 1000 or so who still want give away fans shit. Totally fine with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.